Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   ? Regarding my new 2016 AWD 300C Platinum (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/regarding-my-new-2016-awd-300c-platinum-25960/)

KJINTF 04-21-2016 08:48 AM

? Regarding my new 2016 AWD 300C Platinum

Hi - New guy here

Hope you folks can help me out
Took possession of our newest vehicle two days ago
The learning curve is steep

One thing I can not find in the manuals is how to adjust the "talking" volume of the system. The VR button activates the voice which is way low, if I adjust the "radio" volume knob the voice volume raises but the radio becomes EXCESSIVELY loud. I want to raise the talking volume without affecting the radio volume.

Thanks for the help

ChryslerCares 04-21-2016 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by KJINTF (Post 95181)
Hi - New guy here

Hope you folks can help me out
Took possession of our newest vehicle two days ago
The learning curve is steep

One thing I can not find in the manuals is how to adjust the "talking" volume of the system. The VR button activates the voice which is way low, if I adjust the "radio" volume knob the voice volume raises but the radio becomes EXCESSIVELY loud. I want to raise the talking volume without affecting the radio volume.

Thanks for the help

What do you mean exactly when you say mention “talking noise?” Thanks! – Kevin T, Social Connect Team

KJINTF 04-21-2016 11:47 AM

The volume of the electronic generated voice that responds to the VR commands
I can not hear it unless the radio volume is WAY high
Sure expect to find a simple configuration item to adjust the electronic generated voice

KJINTF 04-21-2016 05:05 PM

Not sure where to find the volume adjustment
Still looking for the adjustment
Found a few for
Navigation "electronic voice"
External / Ipod input offset volume
But none to make a simple adjustment volume offset for the "Electronic Voice" form the VR gal

philjacq 04-22-2016 10:53 AM

I had the same problem when I bought my 2012 300. Through trial and error, I found that all I had to do is rotate the radio's volume control as each specific function is in operation. I assume that's the issue that you are experiencing.

UltraNutZ 04-22-2016 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by philjacq (Post 95203)
I had the same problem when I bought my 2012 300. Through trial and error, I found that all I had to do is rotate the radio's volume control as each specific function is in operation. I assume that's the issue that you are experiencing.

that's correct. on my 2016 s the same volume control knob is used independently of each source. so you can have radio at one volume, nav at a different volume, phone at a different volume. just have to adjust each volume level as you're using that specific function as philjacq pointed out.

KJINTF 04-23-2016 08:12 AM

Thanks for the help
I will give that a try later today