Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   Remove the speed limiter on the 300C (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/remove-speed-limiter-300c-746/)

PDQ Hemi 11-06-2005 08:07 PM

Remove the speed limiter on the 300C

I absolutely LOVE my 06 300C however I can not stand the factory speed limiter. Let me just say right now to all of those out there that want to lecture me on the dangers of going faster than what the factory limiter will allow, if you have the Hemi, you obviously bought the wrong car for what it was intended. These vehicles can obviously take much more than the factory will give them credit for. It is a sick feeling to pull away from the idiot in the Nissan Sentra S only to hit the speed limiter and have him drive around you. I have owned much lesser vehicles that had much higher speed limts. So, the question is, how do we get rid of it?

Brian

rob21af 11-11-2005 07:53 AM

RE: Remove the speed limiter on the 300C

New CPU is about the only thing I can think of. That was one of the deciding factors when I bought my Crossfire. I had testdriven the 300C only to find out it stopped at 120 mph... oh hell no! That simply will not do on the autobaun. So I ended up with the Crossfire and being held back only by drag.

Racinfan83 11-23-2005 05:56 PM

Does Superchips or someone make a programmer or chip that will eliminate the speed limiter and also help the mileage? Anyone?

RichardStuartFL 12-28-2005 01:39 AM

I am sure that most of us would like to remove the factory speed limiter (not cool) a Jet chip might do it.
RichardStuartFL

Glenns HC 02-26-2006 03:32 PM

Brian i saw a good show on the speed channel "Classic car Garage" they have a web site and they tested a hand held computor that can change shift points and also the "Governer" which limits your top speed.They tested it on a Dodge ram with a Hemi and they got up to 20 more H.P and also changed the speed limit. Hope this helps

rocketbob 03-18-2006 08:53 PM

[8D] Brian, some top limit governors can be nullified this way, not sure about the 300T, it worked on my 04 chevy. When the set speed is met, 99 or 120, what ever, go to the emergency mode. The three taps are to send message to computer brain that this is Brian, not Aunt Lucy and to get down to business. This is to tap the acclerator 3 times in quick succession. The engine is still most likely designed to protect itself by cutting off the fuel supply when rpm limit has been fulfilled. !20 on public is fast. It is fun and I have done that several times in my chevy, not racing, just to see it do it. A $350.00 tuner can do it, but too much to pay, unless you want or need the other features of a programmer.
[quote]ORIGINAL: PDQ Hemi

I absolutely LOVE my 06 300C however I can not stand the factory speed limiter. Let me just say right now to all of those out there that want to lecture me on the dangers of going faster than what the factory limiter will allow, if you have the Hemi, you obviously bought the wrong car for what it was intended. These vehicles can obviously take much more than the factory will give them credit for. It is a sick feeling to pull away from the idiot in the Nissan Sentra S only to hit the speed limiter and have him drive around you. I have owned much lesser vehicles that had much higher speed limts. So, the question is, how do we get rid of it?

Brian

agunnaya 06-04-2018 08:33 PM

300c touring

Knock knock , I really hope someone could help me out . so I have a 2007 Chrysler 300c touring and for some reason the car cant drive more than 100mph . I bought the car in finland .I have had someone check it out and said it does not have a speed limiter and he suggested it might be the gearbox fibres are bad . I am confused with this . when you are driving the car it stops at gear 4 that's when it gets to 80-100mph and doesn't move further . please help me out because am afraid of letting them drop the gear box down .