Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   Are you glad you got the Nav. system? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/you-glad-you-got-nav-system-351/)

bradneal 06-02-2005 05:28 PM

Are you glad you got the Nav. system?

Those of you that have it, are you glad you spent the money on the nav system?

I am going to buy a "C" this fall, and I'm trying to prioritize what options I want. I really want the nav system but will be really bummed if it doesn't live up.

-Brad

ViperGTS 06-02-2005 07:10 PM

RE: Are you glad you got the Nav. system?

Welcome to Chryslerforum Brad! I don't have a 300C or a nav system, but do have multiple maps. Lol. Maps are hard to use and annoying if you've got different ones for different places. I suggest the nav system though because no maps are needed plus it looks cool.

-Matt-

2006 300C 07-02-2005 09:14 AM

Just bought an 06 with Nav. First car I have ever had with it and was not sure I would like or use it, but it's really been great. Have just played with it so far and it's a lot better than I imagined. On the way home from work I told it I wanted the closest bank/ATM. It showed 3 and let me pick one and guided me right to it. When it spoke, telling me to turn I was really impressed. Going out of state in the next few weeks, will let you know how it does.

phunter 07-08-2005 08:03 PM

Hi,

Yes, I am glad I got it. Recently was on a trip to the mountains and the main road was closed for paving. They just dumped you onto a side road wtih no directions on how to get to where you were going. I plugged the destination inot the Nav unit and it took me right there. I would have spent hours driving around without it.

Phil

2006 300C 08-01-2005 09:27 AM

Just took a 3,000 mile plus trip back east and the Nav worked great. The actual address we were going to was in an "unverified area" but it took us to within a 100 yards anyway. The Nav system gives you a number of route options and you have to realize the difference between quicker and shorter. We originally told it we wan't the "quickest" route from Central Ca. to an area around Tyler Texas. Well it had us driving about 100 miles farther. First into Texas, through Texas to Oklahoma and then turning South back into Texas again. Mid trip I changed routes and told it "shortest". That cut a 100 miles off but put us on more secondary roads. At one point in decided that Business 287 was shorter than just staying on 287 around a city so we hit every stoplight in town. It may have been shorter, but it sure was not quicker. You do have to use your own judgement and keep a map handy, but it did give us turn by turn directions, ahead of time and a count down in distance to each turn. Even if you pulled off route. It would just recalculate and come up with a new route to get you there. Very nice.

IceMan 08-08-2005 03:52 PM

If you like to explore the back woods like me, they are fantastic and come to think of it, anywhere you travel they are a tremndous benefit over conventional maps.

lancellot1 08-08-2005 05:00 PM

I don't know what I would do without it. I just drove cross country and loved it!

bradneal 08-26-2005 04:40 PM

Ok - I just took delivery of a new 06 yesterday (I couldn't sleep last night knowing it was in the garage). Anyway, I did go with one that is loaded and therefore has the nav system. Very cool to say the least. But, the disclaimer that comes up on the screen every time I start the car is a real PITA. Is there any way to dissable the thing?

Thanks,
Brad

athos 11-22-2007 09:48 AM

Can anyone help me with a "lagge"problem with my nav system? How can I fix it? Can I reset the system? How?

Thanks

Athos

bradneal 11-23-2007 08:59 AM

Athos,
What do you mean "lagge"?