Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Aspen (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/)
-   -   2008 aspen factory remote start issues (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/2008-aspen-factory-remote-start-issues-30040/)

Teachme 10-23-2018 03:12 AM

2008 aspen factory remote start issues

Hey guys I just got a 2008 aspen. I really like it so far just a few issues. The remote start works maybe 2 out of 6 times. The times it dont work the ignition comes on like it's going to start horn blows 2 times then right when it should turn over the whole thing shuts off. Any suggestions?

Teachme 10-23-2018 06:01 AM

More info

I manually started it this morning drove it to the store while in the store I tried the remote start and it worked fine. When it fails it gets to the point of where the car should turn over and then all the gauges and fan cut off.

Rawyzf 10-23-2018 07:15 AM

Between this issue with remote start and your other thread about the Temp Control not staying at what it was when you shut off and turn back on....they might be related.

How good/old is your battery? And....I've seen issues like this when the Body Control Module starts to go bad. (Not sure if the Aspen is similar to the old Durangos, but that is where I saw this before).

Teachme 10-23-2018 07:34 AM

No temperature issues

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had any temperature issues just the remote start. Not sure about the battery I just bought the aspen Friday. I'll get to checked out through.

Rawyzf 10-23-2018 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Teachme (Post 108016)
Thanks for the reply. I haven't had any temperature issues just the remote start. Not sure about the battery I just bought the aspen Friday. I'll get to checked out through.

Whoops, sorry....my bad. That was trdehmer who posted on the Temp.

With remote start only issues, then I'd almost venture to be battery related or hood latch. I found this online:

One of the more common issues we find is a faulty hood ajar switch. Since the system will not operate if the hood is open, if you have a faulty switch that indicates the hood is open when it is not, then the system will be disabled.

Look for a plunger style switch along the inner fender under the hood and make sure it is moving freely and still connected.

Teachme 10-23-2018 10:20 AM

Hood latch tested I'll check the battery next

The horn blows 2 times and from what I've read if the hood or door is open ( or latch is faulty ) horn only blows once. Maybe it's the battery. I'll get it checked and see. There seems to be no pattern to if working or failing which makes it harder to diagnose. I'm about to the point of having an aftermarket one put on it. Kinda suks whne its 30 degrees and it dont remote start.

Rawyzf 10-23-2018 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Teachme (Post 108021)
The horn blows 2 times and from what I've read if the hood or door is open ( or latch is faulty ) horn only blows once. Maybe it's the battery. I'll get it checked and see. There seems to be no pattern to if working or failing which makes it harder to diagnose. I'm about to the point of having an aftermarket one put on it. Kinda suks whne its 30 degrees and it dont remote start.

Understood, make sure to report back if you figure it out.

30 is warm :p

Teachme 10-27-2018 05:36 PM

Battery tested

Battery is good . Changed terminals all good. Now when the remote start fails a loud click is heard outside the vehicle right at the point of when the vehicle should start turning over.

Teachme 11-03-2018 09:27 PM

Update on issues.

So I drove the vehicle on the interstate at 75-80 miles per hour Tuesday 200 miles and then back and the remote start has worked everytime but once since then. I dont think it's the hood switch anyone have a remote start wiring diagram?

Teachme 12-03-2018 04:46 AM

Update...

Ok so after almost replacing the remote start 3 weeks ago my alternator went out. I replaced it and the remote start has worked everytime since then. Coincidence or not I dont know but like 26 times every time no issues