Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Aspen (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/)
-   -   Aftermarket Exhaust (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/aftermarket-exhaust-6549/)

07aspen 10-01-2008 09:11 AM

Aftermarket Exhaust

Has anyone installed an aftermarket exhaust on the aspen? If so did/are you having any problems with drone inside the cab. Also some companies are offering the magnaflow 15830 unit which is not correct, I was offered this unit and installed it. This is accually for the older durango, it had so much drone in the cab that I had to remove it. Now I see magnaflow offers the correct version as the 16779 unit. I am hesitant to purchase this and have the same problem. Anyone who done anything with there exhaust and has any input I would appreciate it.

valleybill55@aol.com 10-01-2008 11:26 AM

RE: Aftermarket Exhaust

if you have the hemi with mds i dont think you can avoid the drone,i belong to the 300c forum, i think a lot of the members used the magnaflow they say has no drone. but that is something you will have to decide for yourself.

swittie 10-01-2008 05:44 PM

RE: Aftermarket Exhaust

see one of my prior posts with pic.
I cut off the resonator (5.7L Hemi) and installed a twin tip stainless. Little to no noticable drone in the vehicle, but a very pleasant throaty acknowledgement when you step on it.
Less than $100 installed.

jbracefan1977 03-19-2009 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by 07aspen (Post 20824)
Has anyone installed an aftermarket exhaust on the aspen? If so did/are you having any problems with drone inside the cab. Also some companies are offering the magnaflow 15830 unit which is not correct, I was offered this unit and installed it. This is accually for the older durango, it had so much drone in the cab that I had to remove it. Now I see magnaflow offers the correct version as the 16779 unit. I am hesitant to purchase this and have the same problem. Anyone who done anything with there exhaust and has any input I would appreciate it.

Actually, I have the magnaflow 15830 installed, no complaints so far and I love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty (the salt on the roads here in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it here magnaflow 15830, or you can try one of the vendors here, they are always running sales/specials. either way its a great system and very easy to install.

aspen13 06-21-2017 01:40 PM

Dynomax Kit 19389

Has anyone this exhaust system installed?

aspen13 08-01-2017 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by aspen13 (Post 100795)
Has anyone this exhaust system installed?

This Dynomax Kit includes a super turbo muffler. Now my Aspen has a magnaflow installed but its a bit to loud, espacially when hot or towing or driving up to hills. The drone at constant speed dont make it better.

Maybe would this dynomax kit be a bit quiter and maybe i try to install to this super turbo muffler a stock resonator at the end
to cut the drone.

No one has this dynomax kit tried?