Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Aspen (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/)
-   -   Aspen-Remote Start-Does not stay running (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/aspen-remote-start-does-not-stay-running-30408/)

PJH 02-05-2019 09:31 AM

Aspen-Remote Start-Does not stay running

Hello, hoping for some insight. 2007 Aspen, will start with Remote start, but shuts off after a few seconds. Thanks!

REBEL59 02-05-2019 10:09 AM

With such little info given...Has the Check Engine Light(CEL) been illuminated on the gauge cluster since this remote start concern happened? On many vehicles if the CEL is on, it will start up on remote and then SHUT OFF.

PJH 02-05-2019 11:02 AM

Thanks REBEL59

I do have an engine light on, getting it fixed this week (o2 sensor) hopefully that will fix the issue!

calamity coyote 02-06-2019 05:41 AM

Yes, if you have an engine light on for any reason, it will turn back off within a few seconds. Mine did that when I was getting the engine light for a bad MDS solenoid.

Rawyzf 02-07-2019 08:17 AM

Sine we are on the remote start subject....how much range do you guys have. I literally have like 10ft.

I changed the battery in the remote, wasn't any help. Wondering if there is a sensor that might be going bad somewhere?

REBEL59 02-07-2019 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rawyzf (Post 109390)
Sine we are on the remote start subject....how much range do you guys have. I literally have like 10ft.

I changed the battery in the remote, wasn't any help. Wondering if there is a sensor that might be going bad somewhere?

A little off the main subject...BUT...The remote receiver has a wire antenna(usually fairly long). My 04 T&C 's range is fairly short for locks,power sliding doors and hatch(no remote start), I found the receiver module out under the hood near the fuse panel and the antenna wire was coiled up fairly short. I then looked at my same equipped PARTS 04 van and saw that it was stretched out along the firewall cowl area, it did have much longer working range for those same functions when it was a daily driven ride. You'll probably find similar if you do some "snooping" under your hood!

Rawyzf 02-07-2019 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by REBEL59 (Post 109391)
A little off the main subject...BUT...The remote receiver has a wire antenna(usually fairly long). My 04 T&C 's range is fairly short for locks and hatch(no remote start), I found the receiver module out under the hood near the fuse panel and the antenna wire was coiled up fairly short. I then looked at my same equipped PARTS 04 van and saw that it was stretched out along the firewall cowl area, it did have much longer working range for those same functions when it was a daily driven ride. You'll probably find similar if you do some "snooping" under your hood!

Thanks, I'll just have to dig around and see if I can find the wire or receiver module to check the conditions. I'll do some googling to see if I can find a good starting location on the Aspen.

Teachme 02-07-2019 05:25 PM

I have super range

Mine works from my desk though the building to the office parking lot. Maybe 300 feet.

Rawyzf 02-07-2019 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Teachme (Post 109408)
Mine works from my desk though the building to the office parking lot. Maybe 300 feet.

I'm jealous......now I'm gonna start looking into this.

Demise516 05-01-2019 11:37 PM

No joke

Press the remote start while its on your chin... Wont give u 300 feet but more than 10