Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Cold Air Intake for 2009 Aspen 5.7L

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Default Cold Air Intake for 2009 Aspen 5.7L

Folks, I'm going to keep this short as my longer first version never posted which was a complete waste of time.

- Does anyone have a solution for a Cold Air Intake for a 2009 Chrysler Aspen with a 5.7 Liter Hemi? Most products seem to be for the 2007-2008. If you have one, can you recommend the product, please?

Old 08-07-2017, 05:31 AM

I have the AEM on my 08 (21-8216DC) and I love it. They only offer it for the 5.7L. I've also got the AEM on my 03 Accord. Easy to install (about 30 min) and works great.

It is odd that they don't list one for the 09. I even tried to cross reference it with the Durango and they don't show any options for the 09-10 either. It changes to a new part in 2011. As far as I know, the same motor was used in the entire line of the Aspens from 07-09.

Personally I would try to Contact them and ask if they have something that will fit. I'm sure it will be the same one. Look them up at AEMintakes.com.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by calamity coyote
I have the AEM on my 08 (21-8216DC) and I love it. They only offer it for the 5.7L. I've also got the AEM on my 03 Accord. Easy to install (about 30 min) and works great.

It is odd that they don't list one for the 09. I even tried to cross reference it with the Durango and they don't show any options for the 09-10 either. It changes to a new part in 2011. As far as I know, the same motor was used in the entire line of the Aspens from 07-09.

Personally I would try to Contact them and ask if they have something that will fit. I'm sure it will be the same one. Look them up at AEMintakes.com.
Thank you Calamity Coyote, I appreciate the info. I will call AEM today.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:03 AM

Sure thing. Please let us know what you find out. Might be helpful to others. Also, would be interesting to know why they don't list an intake for the 09 Aspen and the 09-10 Durango.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:07 AM

I called AEM, and although helpful, they wouldn't guarantee a fit on my 09 Aspen so I went with the Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake from another vendor. The vendor told me directly that this would fit/ bolt on with little to no fabrication- we shall see. The rep didn't know why the engineers didn't design an intake for the 09 Aspen and the 09-10 Durango, but said he would create a request for support. I've gone down that route with another company way back when my truck was new, but at the end of the day I was told they weren't going to design one due to lack of interest from the Aspen owner community. (That was probably his opinion- however.)

Old 08-08-2017, 06:08 AM

When I receive the intake, I'll let you know how it works out. I'll take a few pictures which will hopefully tell the story a little better than I can write. Have a great one.

Steve

Old 08-09-2017, 05:37 AM

Awesome. The part number will be the biggest tell all. If it's the same as the one for the 07-08, then we know it's the same setup and they just didn't list it for the 09 for some reason. I've never heard of that intake system before and their website only list an intake for the Chrysler 300. So I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks on the Aspen.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by calamity coyote
Awesome. The part number will be the biggest tell all. If it's the same as the one for the 07-08, then we know it's the same setup and they just didn't list it for the 09 for some reason. I've never heard of that intake system before and their website only list an intake for the Chrysler 300. So I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks on the Aspen.
Same here, more to follow. I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet, but hopefully today. Pictures to follow.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:11 PM

Dammit! I just received an email from CARiD that my order has been discontinued and no longer available. Well, doesn't that just bite!

I quote, "Upon processing your order, our manufacturing facility has informed that the following item(s) are no longer available."

Product Discontinued: Roto-Fab 10162003 - Cold Air Intake System with Oiled Filter.

Back to the drawing board, or in this case Google.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:49 AM

That sucks. This really has me curious now. I want to know the differences (if any) their is between the different years. If the motor is the same on the 09 and everything is in the same place, then it should work. I really wish I knew more people personally with these Aspens so I could look at them side by side. Or at least a good detailed service manual. The one I have is for the Durango and it covers the 04-09 models. Which only shows the three different motor options. The 3.7L V6, the 4.7L and 5.7L V8. Of course theirs the Hybrid as well, but it's not detailed in my service manual. Now that motor I could see as not having the CAI option.

Last edited by calamity coyote; 08-10-2017 at 05:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake for 2009 Aspen 5.7L