Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

HID lights for the Aspen

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 03:51 AM
Default HID lights for the Aspen

Hi all,

I am brand new to this forum and afterlooking at all topics on the Aspen, I did not see any about HID conversion.
I am looking to convert my driving and fog lights to HID for my 2007 Aspen, but I cant find any shop that will do it.
I took it to the dealer and asked them. They said that they dont recommend doing it b/c it could cause problems. First they said that the HID bulbs may burn the plastic headlight casing and secondly and more damaging, the HID lights my mess up the electrical system.
Are these true about converting to HID lights? I knowfor sure the computer will have to be tricked tomake it believe that the stock lights are still there.

Any other things I need to worry about?

Thanks

Old 01-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Default RE: HID lights for the Aspen

I"m looking on doing the same thing here. You should have no problem with installing a kit to replace the OEM lights. The Headlight is an H11 size HID if I"m correct. Just make sure that you buy the right plug and play kit. I wouldn't worry about the plastic. I have HID running in my 01 neon R/T and no issues. Now keep in mind that on some kits you will loose your High Beams. I know that there are some kits out there that have both Hi/LO beam HID kits. They are almost double the price. Really I feel that you won't need you Hi beams once you swap over to HID, especally if you are planning on doing both Fog and normal lamps.. The last time I looked was for both kits it was going to run me 570 for both. Good Luck!!!

Old 01-11-2008, 02:56 PM

Thanks for the info NeonOn19S.
I have been looking into getting the digital HID Xenon Conversion Kit. Now the question is; what brand should I get..
I have budgeted around 1,500 dollars for this, but havent found a shop here in Houston, TX to do it.
Two thingsI am concerned about: First is taking off the Headlight casing. I have tried and tried and tried, but the casings will just not come out. Even took it to the Chrysler dealer and they didnt know how either. So, if I and the dealercant do it, I really dont know how a shop will be able to do it without breaking something....The other thing is figuring out how to disable to onboard computer warning that will show after it realizes that the lights are no longer stock....Hmmm...

Old 01-21-2008, 01:34 PM

Houston Huh.... that is where i'm at, near the woodlands area.... I'm not totally sure about the headlight part... either might have to take off the front bumper and mount the ballast to the frame.. the Lights though should jut be a plug and play.. As easy as swapping out a headlight bulb. You will still use the OEM headlight plug in line with the HID kit. THat is all that I had to do for my Dodge Neon.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:06 PM

Very informative. I'm trying to get HID lights too but I don't know which ones I should get

Old 10-08-2009, 05:35 PM

Got HID's on m 09 Aspen. Got the kit from HIDExtra.com. Check it out. The only issue is the High Beam is a halogen, but does not aim high. Its on the same level as the HID's beam. If you do order from them, make sure to get to tell them its for a Aspen. It will come with a relay kit to connect directly to the battery. I had some issues with one light not on, or both lights not on. Had to drive with the hi beams on (halogen) to drive at night since the HID's wouldn't come on at times. The relay kits solved that.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by jcl_cls01
Got HID's on m 09 Aspen. Got the kit from HIDExtra.com. Check it out. The only issue is the High Beam is a halogen, but does not aim high. Its on the same level as the HID's beam. If you do order from them, make sure to get to tell them its for a Aspen. It will come with a relay kit to connect directly to the battery. I had some issues with one light not on, or both lights not on. Had to drive with the hi beams on (halogen) to drive at night since the HID's wouldn't come on at times. The relay kits solved that.
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered mine from them too, so far so good

Old 11-22-2009, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by cognacaspen
Thanks for the info NeonOn19S.
I have been looking into getting the digital HID Xenon Conversion Kit. Now the question is; what brand should I get..
I have budgeted around 1,500 dollars for this, but havent found a shop here in Houston, TX to do it.
Two thingsI am concerned about: First is taking off the Headlight casing. I have tried and tried and tried, but the casings will just not come out. Even took it to the Chrysler dealer and they didnt know how either. So, if I and the dealercant do it, I really dont know how a shop will be able to do it without breaking something....The other thing is figuring out how to disable to onboard computer warning that will show after it realizes that the lights are no longer stock....Hmmm...
Well the correct bulbs are H10/H13 for the fog and head lights. To take the entire headlamp out is really hard to do w/o taking of front grille/bumper. There is a bolt on the back of the light securing it to the frame so you'd need really small hands to get to it through the wheel well. i say take of the grille

Last edited by GreyGoose; 11-22-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by cognacaspen
Hi all,

I am brand new to this forum and afterlooking at all topics on the Aspen, I did not see any about HID conversion.
I am looking to convert my driving and fog lights to HID for my 2007 Aspen, but I cant find any shop that will do it.
I took it to the dealer and asked them. They said that they dont recommend doing it b/c it could cause problems. First they said that the HID bulbs may burn the plastic headlight casing and secondly and more damaging, the HID lights my mess up the electrical system.
Are these true about converting to HID lights? I knowfor sure the computer will have to be tricked tomake it believe that the stock lights are still there.

Any other things I need to worry about?

Thanks
You can check hid conversion kit and I'm sure you can find all the answers here.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:24 AM

I HAVE A 2008 CHRYSLER ASPEN. VANILLA COLOR.
THE CAR IS AN AMAZING RIDE. I UPGRADE BOTH THE REGULAR LIGHTS, AND THE FOG LIGHTS TO HID'S. ITS NOT AS DIFFICULT AS YOU THINK.
I INSTALLED BOTH OF THEM MYSELF.
NO NEED TO REMOVE THE BUMPER.
JUST THE HEADLIGHTS. WHICH IS A PIECE OF CAKE.
I HAVE PICTURES OF WHEN I WAS TAKING THE LIGHTS OFF, AND INSTALLING THE KITS.

IT CAN HELP EVERYONE, YOU DO SAVE A FEW HUNDRED BUCKS, FROM TAKING IT TO THE SHOP.

I PUT 6000K ON LOW's
AND 8000K ON FOGS 35W.

THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT ONCE I TURN THEM ON, AND THEN TURN THEM OFF, I NEED TO WAIT LIKE AN HOUR IN ORDER FOR THEM TO TURN BACK ON.

I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS.
I ALSO INSTALLED 2 KITS OF THE SAME INTO MY 09 300.
AND THE LIGHTS DO TURN ON AND OFF ANYTIME ON THAT CAR.

WHICH IS WEIRD..

ANY IDEAS?

Quick Reply: HID lights for the Aspen