Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Freaky A$$-PIN Electrical....Leaving me up a creek!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Default Freaky A$$-PIN Electrical....Leaving me up a creek!

My Aspen is 60 miles short of 3,000 miles. Since I have had the vehicle it has acted very strange. It all started while in drive the vehicle will increase in RPM's but will not move in forward or in reverse. Now this included a time or two while stopped at a light. My freaky Aspen's new thing is to have a momentary loss of engine power followed by the dash board illuminating as if the vehicle was in the ignition state but not started. Once this event takes place the vehicle will not log miles driven, does not show current speed, does not show RPM’s, shows every warning light available, the engine fan goes at full speed, the AC fan kicks on (it’s winter….No I do not have the AC on), and finally “it does read the gas gage.” How ironic!!! This condition can be cleared by restarting the vehicle. The dealer (Donovan Dodge of Sierra Vista, Arizona) /Chrysler has not recognized this as a normal fault and the vehicle stores no fault codes that have led to a problem with a solution. This event has taken place 12 times. However, this only happened twice when located near a dealer or not at an inconvenient time. I'm a Soldier and I also run a Disc Jockey Business. Here are just a few inconvenient times: 4:00 am (going to training), heading to a wedding ceremony, or my favorite day "Sunday" when no dealer/automotive repairer can be found. The first time the tech at Donovan Dodge of Sierra Vista, AZ witnessed my Freaky Aspen in action he did not believe the computer output he was reading. The tech having no witnesses present turns the car off and viola no problem. The tech’s supervisor and Chrysler were in disbelief. Now I have finally experienced this problem while the dealer was open and I was close by. The tech was very smart this time to get witnesses to show the computer reading NO PCM, NO ABS, NO PWR STEER…etc. while running; Chrysler says “the vehicle should not be running.” No $h!+ !!!! “Get this vehicle off my hands and off the streets.” This ticking time bomb of disaster has not been worth my money. “Sorry for the venting!!! Let me get back to the issue at hand. It is Saturday night and I’m without a vehicle. My Freaky Aspen has been in the store since Thursday 7:30 a.m. and I most likely won’t get it back until some undetermined date after Monday. Meanwhile I have not been granted a replacement vehicle or rental car. Am I the consumer at fault for picking this "fine automobile" to be the luxury vehicle for my family? Am I the consumer to blame for selecting this very vehicle? I have kids to get to school, a Soldier’s job to do, a business to run and a wife that’s mad! “Feel my pain!” Much thanks to Chrysler, Donovan Dodge of Sierra Vista, AZ and my “Freaky A$$-Pin” another Combat Veteran has protected his freedom to walk!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Default RE: Freaky A$$-PIN Electrical....Leaving me up a creek!

I have felt your pain, my 07 aspen shut off while driving at 45 mph in the middle of rush hour traffic. I tried to restart it but nothing happen all the guages were on, called roadside assistance told him it was an 07 Chrysler Aspen , his replied was "are you sure we make that vehicle". The rep began asking about the vehicle i proceed to tell him that i had 419 miles on a 2 week old vehicle. I will give you the short version it was towed to the dealship with 419 miles and a full tank of gas . This occured over the Labor Day weekend so i call on Tuesday and was told it spit out too many codes and they did not have a good starting point so all they could do was to reset the computer . I told the service manager keep it until the problem was found , after 17 days, 334 added miles , and a half tank gas used . My Aspen was fixed , it was the Front Control Module which is tied in with the remote start , ignition and anti theft systems .
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-27-2008, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Jonieshilo

... Am I the consumer at fault for picking this "fine automobile" to be the luxury vehicle for my family? Am I the consumer to blame for selecting this very vehicle? I have kids to get to school, a Soldier’s job to do, a business to run and a wife that’s mad! “Feel my pain!” Much thanks to Chrysler, Donovan Dodge of Sierra Vista, AZ and my “Freaky A$$-Pin” another Combat Veteran has protected his freedom to walk!!!!!!
If you don't have an extended warranty, get one. It pays for rentals in every case, no more hassle with a dealer who doesn't care.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:07 PM

You know, when I bought my truck, the Car Starter was supposed to be included, and it was discontinued as a factory installed option, I was told by my dealer that it was to do with problems with the car starter itself.... I'm wondering if these problems are one in the same? Just curious.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:20 AM
Angry Hemisfear

Where did you have your service completed? I am having the same issue and the dealer does not know what is going on...