Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Aspen (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/)
-   -   Fuel Vapor Leak Detection Pump (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/fuel-vapor-leak-detection-pump-30269/)

rgarcia78147 12-21-2018 10:17 AM

Fuel Vapor Leak Detection Pump

Where is this FVLDP located on my 2008 Aspen 5.7L Hemi?????

rowekmr 12-21-2018 05:53 PM

Funny you ask I had the fuel cap leak message display twice so I think I need to look into my system too. What issues are you having?

Demise516 05-01-2019 11:41 PM

By the gas tank.. Cheap part easy fix. No more gas cap message or check engine

ChuckDzzNutz 06-05-2019 02:08 PM

Mine is actually in the shop as we speak for that very issue. I kind of self diagnosed from reading these boards and bought the part from an O'Reilly's nearby. I've heard it's an easy fix, but my guy hooks me up on the regular and probably won't charge me anything to put it on. I pick it up at 7 so I will follow up and let y'all know how it turns out. Of course, I won't actually know anything for a couple of days waiting to see if my check engine light goes off.

ChuckDzzNutz 06-10-2019 05:13 PM

Well, I thought it was the purge valve and bought one, but my guy smoked the front and that wasn't it. So I took that back and bought the EMIS (Fuel Leak Detection Switch) and had that put on. The check engine light came back on a couple of days later. I'm now still getting the small evap leak code, but the one that denotes a major leak is still showing up. Any ideas Gents?

ChuckDzzNutz 06-21-2019 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by ChuckDzzNutz (Post 110754)
Any ideas Gents?

I meant, ESIM, not EMIS . . . Either way, I was under the impression this board was a bit more active. I'll attempt to create a thread to see if it garners any attention, or I will try the Durango boards.

calamity coyote 06-22-2019 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by ChuckDzzNutz (Post 110754)
I'm now still getting the small evap leak code, but the one that denotes a major leak is still showing up.

Replacing the ESIM is what took care of the "Check Gas Cap" message on mine. Perhaps if you list the actual code(s) you are getting? All I'm seeing in this thread is asking where the Leak Detector Pump is and your mention of the ESIM. No mention of codes to know if this is even the cause one should be looking at.

Originally Posted by ChuckDzzNutz (Post 110886)
I was under the impression this board was a bit more active. I'll attempt to create a thread to see if it garners any attention, or I will try the Durango boards.

Seeing as the Aspen wasn't made for that long, you will be hard pressed to find a forum that is very active for it alone. The few of us that are on here do our best. Yes, the Durango is a close sister and will be a more active forum to discuss issues.