Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Aspen (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/)
-   -   heat a/c not blowing out the vent that i want it too (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/heat-c-not-blowing-out-vent-i-want-too-23824/)

maintenance 01-27-2015 08:13 AM

heat a/c not blowing out the vent that i want it too

Hello Everyone,

I have a 07 Chrysler aspen 5.7. Last night that a/c and heat was just blowing out the floor vents. and very lightly out the vents on the dash. The blower sound like it always did.
A few times before yesterday I would have to play with the controls to get it to work correctly.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I van fix this problem?

Thank you

maintenance 01-27-2015 08:54 AM

update

I just tried it out now.
I turned the temp. down to 60 then and the windshield defog came on. I put it back to 80 and it is still on any one have ideas on what is going on here?

thanks

maintenance 01-27-2015 09:54 AM

update

Where is the damper located? It is not working again I hear something going on when I hit the button to change locations of where I want the air to come out. the button lights up but it does not come out the place where I want it to.

ChryslerCACares 01-27-2015 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by maintenance (Post 86893)
Where is the damper located? It is not working again I hear something going on when I hit the button to change locations of where I want the air to come out. the button lights up but it does not come out the place where I want it to.

maintenance,

Welcome to the forum.
Have you experienced any loss in temperature variation from cold to hot or hot to cold?

maintenance 01-27-2015 11:23 PM

Yes it gets hot and cold.
I can here something going on when I press the buttons. But nothing happens.
But now it is stuck just blowing out of the dash vents.

15951a\ 01-30-2015 08:14 AM

It sounds like the mode door actuator might be bad. A scan tool can diagnose this, and it's worth properly diagnosing, as the job itself takes some time.

maintenance 01-31-2015 10:24 AM

Does anyone have images or instructions on how to take the dash apart?
Where are the mode door actuator located? There are probably two of them the truck has dual climate control.

Thank you

15951a\ 02-06-2015 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by maintenance (Post 87014)
Does anyone have images or instructions on how to take the dash apart?
Where are the mode door actuator located? There are probably two of them the truck has dual climate control.

Thank you

If you're going to try this on your own, I recommend investing in a service manual. I think you have to essentially gut your dash to get to the thing, including removing the steering column. It's a big job, and one source I looked at paid 5.2 hours to the pros for this, PLUS additional time for the actual mode door replacement(s).

kinweloj 02-25-2015 02:38 PM

mode door actuator

Maintenance, were you ever able to fix this problem? I have a 2008 and the same thing is happening to it. Except mine is stuck in the face. I was able to access the actuator that i believe controls the different modes and it seems to be working fine.

maintenance 02-26-2015 10:20 AM

No still did not fix.
Were are the controls located?
How dod you fix yours?
Mine is the same thing it only blows out the face.

Thank you