Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Aspen (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/)
-   -   Hybrid Aspen (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/hybrid-aspen-7793/)

jbracefan1977 03-19-2009 08:55 AM

yup, overpriced.. just keep hunting though.. you'll eventually find one. good luck :) :)

Syncity 04-28-2011 11:34 PM

I own a Hybrid

Don't buy one. Its a piece of crap. Mine is in the shop constantly, electrical, battery, engine, sensors. TCM <--Thats a $7000 part. It will not stop having issues. I have checked many other blogs and there are so many other people who are having the same issues. That's the real reason they only made it for 1 year.

Djinn-n-Tonic 04-29-2011 07:07 PM

That's the real reason they only made it for 1 year.
Not exactly.....

There was a HUGE "BUY-IN" price for dealerships to be able to sell "HEV" vehicles. Since Chrysler only offered the package on ASPENS and Durangos, it really wasnt worth it. ( Rumors had it at over 200,000 dollars)

Now ...The few dealerships that did actually "Buy-In" quickly found out that technical training on the vehicles was almost non-existent, and the safety equipment necessary for working on these vehicles was extremely expensive. Did any of you know, that a simple oil change and tire rotation on a Hybrid was potentially Lethal???

Now...Couple that with the fact stated earlier, about "Break Even" time.....

The economy factor wasnt nearly enough to justify the added cost of purchase.....For god sakes...its a 4500 lb vehicle.....Gas mileage is going to suffer whether it is run on Gasoline, electric, or Donkey Water....

Whether it is a Chrysler, or Toyota, or Some un invented brand that no-one has dreamed up yet......The Hybrid looked good on Paper, but it didnt live up to its own Hype. City ...Or Stop and Go driving..Of course will show a benefit, But...the guy who Commutes 60 miles each way to work, on The Highway, got ...NO BENEFIT over a Conventional Vehicle....

For Potential Aspen Owners, I would seriously Look into the MDS Hemi, before (AND AFTER) looking at a hybrid.

kkreit01 05-02-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic (Post 49220)
..For god sakes...its a 4500 lb vehicle.....Gas mileage is going to suffer whether it is run on Gasoline, electric, or Donkey Water....

That's shy by more than 1000lbs. It's over 5500. The one C&D tested was 5700 lbs. A 2wd Hemi weighs ~5000.

Syncity 05-04-2011 01:00 PM

I have a code that has come in since I bought it, Cylinder2 Misfire. The dealerships wont fix it, I have taken it to 3. Its been in the shop about 10-12 times. How can I fix this problem because Chrysler won't. They just erase it and say nothings wrong. It comes in 90% of the time when going from electric to gas.

15951a\ 05-04-2011 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Syncity (Post 49416)
I have a code that has come in since I bought it, Cylinder2 Misfire. The dealerships wont fix it, I have taken it to 3. Its been in the shop about 10-12 times. How can I fix this problem because Chrysler won't. They just erase it and say nothings wrong. It comes in 90% of the time when going from electric to gas.

I would recommend calling corporate, asking them to open a file on the issue, and asking for a referral to a dealer with expertise working on the Aspen Hybrid.

Good luck.

Syncity 06-30-2011 06:40 PM

I still think its garbage.

I have had three "Care Numbers" with Chrysler. Engine light still comes on when going from electric to gas.

I have contacted them. Three seperate files have been opened. Their engineers have been involved last two times. Still doesn't work properly. 30,000km, 3 dealerships and too many appointments to count, I still get the engine light.

Cylinder 2 misfire.

:mad:

Syncity 02-03-2012 12:15 PM

My Aspen Hybrid is finally fixed, almost. I got a copy from the device desk. 11 times it's been worked on. 53000 km later. They changed out the transmission pump and so far the engine light has only come on twice in the last two months. So why don't I just sell it, because there is no resale value.

15951a\ 02-04-2012 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Syncity (Post 58405)
My Aspen Hybrid is finally fixed, almost. I got a copy from the device desk. 11 times it's been worked on. 53000 km later. They changed out the transmission pump and so far the engine light has only come on twice in the last two months. So why don't I just sell it, because there is no resale value.

If it's still throwing codes, it isn't repaired...at least not completely. With all of these problems, what kept you from negotiating a buyback with Chrysler at some point?

Anyway, if I were you I'd find a way to get rid of the vehicle. You seem to absolutely hate it, and if I detested anything that much I'd find a way to get rid of it regardless of resale value. Assuming you're not under warranty, you're continuing to dump money into it, which doesn't make sense.