Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Just bought a 2008 Aspen

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by calamity coyote
If their is an issue with the system, you should have a check engine light on. I have two solenoids acting up and I get a engine light. Now if the system is disabled, this should bypass the engine light. Rawzf would have to confirm this since he said he has his disabled. I've got to say, at this point I wish I could disable mine. Since I do have the check engine light on due to these solenoids, I will not be able to pass inspection next month when it is due. Even though the MDS is not technically emission related. A check engine light will fail inspection. At least here in TX.

If it is disabled due to a tuner, it should be able to reset back to factory default with a tuner. Those Diablo tuners are not cheap though. $330-$600 depending on which one you go with.
Ok thanks. Yeah fortunately I'm in Michigan so inspections aren't an issue and hopefully never will be they sound like a nanny state pain in the rear but no lights for me beyond the Egr valve I already replaced and cleared. I'll call a dealer and see what they think about reenabling it. Hopefully I get someone knowledgeable.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:12 AM

If their is an issue with the system, you should have a check engine light on. I have two solenoids acting up and I get a engine light. Now if the system is disabled, this should bypass the engine light. Rawzf would have to confirm this since he said he has his disabled. I've got to say, at this point I wish I could disable mine. Since I do have the check engine light on due to these solenoids, I will not be able to pass inspection next month when it is due. Even though the MDS is not technically emission related. A check engine light will fail inspection. At least here in TX.

If it is disabled due to a tuner, it should be able to reset back to factory default with a tuner. Those Diablo tuners are not cheap though. $330-$600 depending on which one you go with.
With the tuner, you'll download load the tune that is the vehicle (OEM or not), and then apply the tune you want. Within the canned tunes, you have the option to update if you want MDS on or off. So, you could make sure to set that value to on (if you're themps) to see if that gets you the notification light or if you can feel it come on. Otherwise, you can set it to off (if you're calamity coyote) in hopes that would clear your CEL and you can pass inspection.

If either of you guys want to try out the Diablo InTune2, I just upgraded Trinity 1000, so I can view live monitoring. I'll sell you the intune2 for $150 if you want it. I bought it for $200 a few months ago.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rawyzf
If either of you guys want to try out the Diablo InTune2, I just upgraded Trinity 1000, so I can view live monitoring. I'll sell you the intune2 for $150 if you want it. I bought it for $200 a few months ago.
I've been reading up on that Trinity 2 model. From what I'm reading, they are vehicle specific when you purchase them. Can't even use them on another similar vehicle unless you buy a second license. Is this the same on the InTune2? Is is specific to your vehicle and can't be used on another without a license? If it doesn't require the purchase of another license, I'm interested. Especially if you take Paypal.

*** EDIT *** Just researched on the licenses. Apparently you can purchase a multi-vehicle license for the Trinity 2 and the InTune i2 & i3. Does yours have the multi-vehicle license already? If so, please PM me details with pics. If I can get it to work without having to purchase an additional license, I can Paypal you after work.

Last edited by calamity coyote; 08-10-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:45 AM

I've been reading up on that Trinity 2 model. From what I'm reading, they are vehicle specific when you purchase them. Can't even use them on another similar vehicle unless you buy a second license. Is this the same on the InTune2? Is is specific to your vehicle and can't be used on another without a license? If it doesn't require the purchase of another license, I'm interested. Especially if you take Paypal.

*** EDIT *** Just researched on the licenses. Apparently you can purchase a multi-vehicle license for the Trinity 2 and the InTune i2 & i3. Does yours have the multi-vehicle license already? If so, please PM me details with pics. If I can get it to work without having to purchase an additional license, I can Paypal you after work.
How it works, they come with a license for 1 vehicle, and you marry it to your vehicle when you install one of their canned tunes. However, when you uninstall a canned tune and reinstall your factory tune, you are then unmarried to the tuner and that 1 license becomes available again. It's like a floating license. I bought it from a guy who used it on his 14 Ram Hemi, and had no issues using it on my 09 Aspen Hemi.

You can however also purchase a second license for the unit if you want to tune 2 vehicles you own (I think that is how that works, but am not 100% clear on it).

Old 08-10-2018, 08:25 AM

Couple pics:

Old 08-10-2018, 03:45 PM

How it works, they come with a license for 1 vehicle, and you marry it to your vehicle when you install one of their canned tunes. However, when you uninstall a canned tune and reinstall your factory tune, you are then unmarried to the tuner and that 1 license becomes available again. It's like a floating license. I bought it from a guy who used it on his 14 Ram Hemi, and had no issues using it on my 09 Aspen Hemi.

You can however also purchase a second license for the unit if you want to tune 2 vehicles you own (I think that is how that works, but am not 100% clear on it).
That makes sense. That was my biggest issue. Having to purchase another license just to use it on my Aspen. So yeah, I am interest in purchasing it. I don't even see the Intune i2 for sale on their site anymore and the Intune i3 is $400. So would you take Paypal?

Old 08-10-2018, 03:48 PM

That makes sense. That was my biggest issue. Having to purchase another license just to use it on my Aspen. So yeah, I am interest in purchasing it. I don't even see the Intune i2 for sale on their site anymore and the Intune i3 is $400. So would you take Paypal?
Right, the i2 isn't sold by them new anymore. You can find them on Ebay, usually used, but you never know if they are truly unmarried.

PayPal is good with me. I'll send you a PM.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:04 PM

Right, the i2 isn't sold by them new anymore. You can find them on Ebay, usually used, but you never know if they are truly unmarried.

PayPal is good with me. I'll send you a PM.
Hey just checking, sounds like it might not be available actor and calamity bought it. But if so or not please let me know! Thanks

Old 08-14-2018, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by themps
Hey just checking, sounds like it might not be available actor and calamity bought it. But if so or not please let me know! Thanks
Yeah, I bought it. Arrived yesterday. Just waiting for the rain to stop to test it. If it doesn't solve my problem, I'll probably sell it and I'll give you first dibs.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by themps
Yeah, I bought it. Arrived yesterday. Just waiting for the rain to stop to test it. If it doesn't solve my problem, I'll probably sell it and I'll give you first dibs.
Good luck guys, keep us posted.

Since the T2000 just came out, be on the lookout for the T1000 or i2 for sale on other forums.

Ramforum is a good one, as is challengertalk.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2008 Aspen