Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Newbie - 2009 Aspen Limited AWD - 5.7 Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Default Newbie - 2009 Aspen Limited AWD - 5.7 Hemi

Hey Everyone, I'm so glad I found an Aspen specific forum that actually has posts that are not stale from 5yrs ago. I am a forum nut, like to read and research and help when I can.

Here is what I picked up a couple weeks ago: 2009 Chrysler Aspen Limited 5.7L Hemi AWD.

I picked it up with 131,500 miles on it, clean carfax with 2 previous owners. Overall, this is in great shape. Just some rust in the 4 corners of the running boards/body area. Very typical MN 10yr old vehicle. I think this has every option available, except a Moonroof (which I really would have enjoyed, but oh well).

One question I did have was the fuel spit back. I found the TSB/Fix information online, but it only lists 2007-2008 Aspen. I'm currently having this issue, and want to bring it in to get fixed under the free repair, but I want to know if I am going to get grief being it's a 2009 (and nothing changed between 2007-2009 in this area that I am aware of).

Thanks!
Ryan

Old 04-25-2018, 02:21 PM

Go here and enter your vin number, and it will tell you if your Aspen has any pending recalls.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehic...ls/search.html

Old 04-25-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by BiliTheAxe
Go here and enter your vin number, and it will tell you if your Aspen has any pending recalls.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehic...ls/search.html
Thanks, I know it's not a recall, it's a TSB that only covers 2007-2008. I actually called Chrysler today, and had no luck having this covered under warranty. So, I'll have to fix this issue on my own.

I do have an open recall on the passenger airbag, and that is getting fixed tomorrow.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:29 PM

Going to have the OEM 20" Wheels up for sale soon. I like a fluffy wheel and tire combo, so I picked up some 17" Ram Rebel wheels and plan to get some 265/70/17 tires out on them.

Did a test for of the wheel to make sure there was no caliper rubbing with going down to 17".

Old 07-14-2018, 01:59 PM

Forum is very slow in volume, I don't check very much.

I too have an 09 Hemi AWD- bought it for the one year only engine.

I took mine to get the airbag recalls and the fuel tank issue was not offered. I have the overspill issue. I typically fill mine up at the same gas tank level and about 2-3 gallons from the end I change to the slowest fill setting on the gas handle and that keeps it from overflowing on me. If I am filling at full speed until the end it will overflow every time unless it is a cold winter day.

I also will be ditching for RAM wheels, the 20" Aspen tires don't have enough sidewall being only 30" tall.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Red350DropTop
Forum is very slow in volume, I don't check very much.

I too have an 09 Hemi AWD- bought it for the one year only engine.

I took mine to get the airbag recalls and the fuel tank issue was not offered. I have the overspill issue. I typically fill mine up at the same gas tank level and about 2-3 gallons from the end I change to the slowest fill setting on the gas handle and that keeps it from overflowing on me. If I am filling at full speed until the end it will overflow every time unless it is a cold winter day.

I also will be ditching for RAM wheels, the 20" Aspen tires don't have enough sidewall being only 30" tall.
Strange how they don't cover the 09 for the fuel issue, but oh well....I've gotten use to it. I just listen for the fuel to start coming up the filler tube (or get close to it) and stop fueling up at that point.

As for the wheels, I love the look and feel of driving on 17 wheels with the Aspen. The ride is much more comfortable, and the beefy sidewall just looks good with a large SUV.

Which Ram wheels are you looking for?

Old 08-18-2018, 01:59 PM

We just completed about a 700 mile road trip with the Aspen. Aspen was packed full of supplies and had the bike rack in the hitch with 4 bikes.

Aspen is running 91 Octane Tune with Diablosport Trinity1000.

Averaged about 16.3 mpg. This is with lots of freeway driving at about 80mph and then some decent hill climbing roads getting up to the iron range.

Was a great first trip with the Aspen.