Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Aspen (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/)
-   -   Remote Starter (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-aspen-41/remote-starter-3365/)

Joe_B 07-05-2007 04:12 PM

Remote Starter

Does anyone know why the remote starter does not turn on the A/C or Heat when remotely started?

Thanks for any input.

Joe B.
07 Aspen Hemi Loaded

Jettle 07-05-2007 06:54 PM

RE: Remote Starter

Mine does. Maybe its a setting in the overhead controls??? There is a ton of stuff you can set up in the menu. Is it a factory remote starter or the dealer added remote start?

CHRYSLER TECH 07-06-2007 12:03 AM

leave the ac on when u shut the car off does that do it for ya?

Joe_B 07-06-2007 11:02 PM

I think it was installed by the factory. I ordered it with it. My dealer says that none of the Chryslers, Jeeps or Dodges on their lot that have a digital A/C and Heat come on with the remote start. I always leave A/C on when turning off the car but it never comes on with remote starter, only when I put the key in. Please help... I love this truck and this is the only hang-up for me. If I knew it wouldn't Cool/Heat car on remote start I wouldn't have ordered remote start. It is a waste of gas and oh yeah, with remote start the Sirrius Radio comes on though for who I don't know. The idea isnot to be inside while car Cools/Heats up.

Thanks again for any input you guys can offer. I'll look into the settings on the overhead console.

Jettle 07-09-2007 04:46 PM

I just went out and played with mine. The display on the climate control does not come on but the AC does. I can only assume that the heater will come on in the winter??? You might want to go out and give it another try.

Joe_B 07-09-2007 10:00 PM

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Joe_B 07-12-2007 11:20 AM

I've looked at all these suggestions and it still does not work. The dealer says that is just how it works. I don't believe that answer. Chrysler Head office does not deal with technical questions they refer me back to dealer. Anyone else have this same problem?

Jettle 07-12-2007 12:01 PM

I had the same problem with Chrysler. I called them directly because it says on the website that you can remotly roll the windows down with the remote start option. Seems like they should hire people that know a little more about their cars.

Is there any air coming out at all? When I remote start mine it seems likes the coldair isdirected to the floor vents until I put the key in. Hope you get thisresolved.

Joe_B 07-12-2007 01:41 PM

Hey Jettle,

My dealer just called me and said that after 30 seconds air should be coming from the floor vents and the defrost vents but very lightly, until you put the key in.Only after inserting the key willthe display light up and temp can be manipulated. Thanks for your help and man you nailed it. Maybe you should work for Chrysler.

mrprintman 08-25-2007 09:41 PM

my brother works at the dealer and i bought a fac. remote start kit and put it in myself, took about four hours but it"s not very hard to do. my a/c comes on to what ever seting i leave it on to when i shut it off. also the radio. the only problem i have is i can't get the horn to honk every time i activate it. i checked the options. but i'll have to check my soldering on the horn wire. it's great to have in the summer.