Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Crossfire & Crossfire SRT-6 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-crossfire-crossfire-srt-6-16/)
-   -   2004 Crossfire Security Alarm Malfunction (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-crossfire-crossfire-srt-6-16/2004-crossfire-security-alarm-malfunction-12048/)

Hooten15 08-02-2010 09:38 PM

2004 Crossfire Security Alarm Malfunction

I have a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire and it is currently sitting in my driveway with the battery disconnected because I can not get the alarm to stop. The security alarm will randomly go off, and most times I am unable to turn it off by the key fob or by inserting key into drivers door. The first incident occurred while I was driving. I heard "chirping" coming from my hood and immediately thought there was a bird trapped under my hood. lol. I pulled over, opened my hood and realized it was some type of alarm (sound was muted and at no rhythmic beat). I hit the key fob, lock and unlock, then it finally shut off. After a few hours later, I was driving home and the alarm sounded again. Once I got home, I tried to use the key fob, but it still would not shut off this time. I put my key in the drivers door (lock and unlock), and it shut off. The next day (Sunday), I woke up to my car alarm going off again. I could not get it to shut off. I took it to Auto Zone to test my battery, and it tested 100%. At Auto Zone, they disconnected my battery and it stopped. After reconnecting the battery, the alarm started again. So I drove it home, disconnected the battery, and waited til I was able to take it to a car dealership. The next day I took it to my local Chrysler dealership and the mechanic was no help. My car was there for the entire business day and no advice was given except to try another dealership. The next day, Thursday, I drove it to a different dealership. Thursday through Monday, no phone call. I went back Monday afternoon to get some type of advice. They said it was fixed. A wire came loose in my drivers door and I was charged $65 for the 30 minute repair time. I brought my car home, and 4 hrs later...my alarm sounded again. Obviously, they didn't fix the problem.
Do you have any advice? Can I permanently remove the fuse or disconnect the alarm system? And if I can remove the fuse, it it interconnected w/ anything else important...i.e: interior overhead lights? And more importantly, where is the fuse located?? Thank you for your time!!!

TNtech 08-10-2010 08:58 PM

There is a security module/pump in the very back waaay down under an interior panel. It's called a Central Locking Pump Module It controls your security system AND your air operated door locks. Sometimes the module goes bonkers. They are in a very vulnerable location especially if you ever get any water leaks in the rear hatch.

LOL...I find it VERY interesting that you could actually start and drive it with the alarm going off. That's usually not the case.

princepearce 08-11-2010 09:10 AM

Has anyone had problems with their alarm regularly goes off. She does, even if the alarm is not resolved. I took it to a mechanic who said just to use the key in the lock to re-thurs however, this does not seem to work. The only way I can get off is to remove the battery cable. Occurs about 2-3 times a week, for no apparent reason.

maxcichon 08-16-2010 02:39 PM

SKREEM module

A number of Crossfire owners (myself included) have had this issue. The first true indicator is the "chirp" sounding for no reason.

It has turned out to be the SKREEM module, or alarm module mounted on the firewall. ~ $160. and you need special security TORX bits to remove it.

A dealer job. Sorry. But on the bright side: you'll have lock/unlock "chirps". when it's done!

maxcichon 08-16-2010 02:45 PM

OH-BTW, if you still have the old white OEM battery in your '04-get it replaced. All sorts of gremlins will appear with even a marginal battery. Alarm issues, wing up/down issues. Random no-start. all sorts of things.

I would suggest you just replace the battery, Sam's or Walmart size 48R fits pretty well. $65. 5/8" shorter so you'll have to make a spacer for the top clamp. It might solve your alarm issues.

OEM battery will be $150-$170 bucks. Your choice.

Hooten15 08-17-2010 12:26 PM

Thank-you

MAXCICHON thank you soooo much for the information!! You have no idea how stressful this ordeal has been! I actually bought a new battery Saturday when my spoiler started to go up every time I started the car (it fixed that). Now I will take it to the dealership for the SKREEM Module.

maxcichon 08-18-2010 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Hooten15 (Post 39730)
MAXCICHON thank you soooo much for the information!! You have no idea how stressful this ordeal has been! I actually bought a new battery Saturday when my spoiler started to go up every time I started the car (it fixed that). Now I will take it to the dealership for the SKREEM Module.

I hope it fixes your problems. This can be a tough one!

MELISSA10802 02-16-2014 11:48 AM

Alarm system help

Have 2004 crossfire and came out of the store lights were flashing and alarm going off - got it to stop with the key but then while driving it happened again - husband took out the #9 fuse had it did just fine - my question is should I get this fixed or just leave the fuse out - and if I do get this fixed our Chrysler dealer here is already going to charge $110.00 just to bring it in - I need help with this - I'm new to this website and any information would be greatly appreciated - very very pissed about it !! Always something wrong this car :mad

CHRYSLER TECH 02-16-2014 10:17 PM

if the module gets replaced a dealer wound need t program it. and the 110 is called a check out fee so if U take it there or any place for that matter u have them look at it and u decide not to fix it there the tech and shop gets some money for there time. All techs are 100% commission based if we sit around doing nothing we get nothing.

MELISSA10802 02-17-2014 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by chrysler tech (Post 77159)
if the module gets replaced a dealer wound need t program it. And the 110 is called a check out fee so if u take it there or any place for that matter u have them look at it and u decide not to fix it there the tech and shop gets some money for there time. All techs are 100% commission based if we sit around doing nothing we get nothing.

ok thank you for the info but does the central vaccum locking pump in the rear have to be programed or can this just be replaced