Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   04 pacifica wet floor board (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/04-pacifica-wet-floor-board-23554/)

roger03105 12-14-2014 03:13 PM

04 pacifica wet floor board

I just bought this car and found the passenger front and rear floorboard carpet wet. Front more then the rear. It seems the water is coming from the firewall. When I purchased the car the owner said I need a small hose for water to drip(under hood by firewall)I see a small spout. Is this where the discharge hose should be? I am trying to add pics but cant figure it out. I am supposed to be taking the car on a 3000 mile road trip in 10 days so any help would be appreciated

dcotter0579 12-14-2014 03:29 PM

There should be a small hose attached to the firewall to allow condensate from the air conditioner and water that finds its way in to the grill in front of the windshield to get out. That hose sometimes gets clogged with small leaves, bugs and debris that also come in through that grill. If the hose is present, try massaging it gently to grind up the leaves or whatever is plugging it. The bottom of the hose is usually molded flat. Squeezing it can open it up and allow the junk to fall out.

roger03105 12-14-2014 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2406

roger03105 12-14-2014 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2405

roger03105 12-14-2014 04:32 PM

the first pic is where the guy said I needed a piece of hose so the water doesn't drip into firewall. should I just get a hose and zip tie it to something to secure it or is there a certain hose I can purchase? Thanks

CHRYSLER TECH 12-14-2014 07:16 PM

get what ever size there is that wail fit on it all its gonna do is not allow back pressure from the air gong back into the cabin and allow the water to flow out.

roger03105 12-15-2014 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH (Post 85789)
get what ever size there is that wail fit on it all its gonna do is not allow back pressure from teh air gong back into the cabin and allow teh water to flow out.

Thanks, Is this where the ac discharge goes? In the first picture.

CHRYSLER TECH 12-15-2014 09:11 PM

yes its the drain for the ac system

Hkanuary77 12-11-2023 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579 (Post 85778)
There should be a small hose attached to the firewall to allow condensate from the air conditioner and water that finds its way in to the grill in front of the windshield to get out. That hose sometimes gets clogged with small leaves, bugs and debris that also come in through that grill. If the hose is present, try massaging it gently to grind up the leaves or whatever is plugging it. The bottom of the hose is usually molded flat. Squeezing it can open it up and allow the junk to fall out.

Im having the same or similar issue for 3 yrs now but it only happens during wet winter months when there's lots of moisture. Every winter it gets so saturated and moldy. Soon as Summer hits the floorboards dry up and not an issue at all. Im wondering if it could be the same situation even though it seems to be a seasonal issue? Appreciate any feed back.
Thanks!

CHRYSLER TECH 12-13-2023 11:28 AM

Put the air on recirculate and not use outside wet air.