Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   05 Pacifica intermittent electrical problem, yuk!! (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/05-pacifica-intermittent-electrical-problem-yuk-20589/)

pippadad 10-09-2013 09:23 PM

05 Pacifica intermittent electrical problem, yuk!!

First I had a rad fan not kicking on, so replaced the temp coolant sensor, and the radiator fan relay , mounted down by the radiator, but problem still exists...Had an appointment last Friday ,but Thursday I had to have it towed because something really went crazy and car won't shift out of park, no wipers, blower, electric window control, just a multitude of items....he found near the main control module by the drivers' side wheel well (nice place to mount it, by the way :confused: ) some dirt around the wires, cleaned them up, and things started working again....drove it home today and it happened again!! When this phenomenon occurs, the relay for the wiper hi-lo is chattering , pulling it eliminates the chatter but not the problem...in addition to all these things not working I have the traction control light showing on the dash... so how to start troubleshooting all this stuff!!! I did a physical examination of all the connectors on the relay/fuse box, and below it near the headlight and the main computer...but to no avail..
Other posts with similar problems, have talked about bad grounds somewhere, but I have no 2005 wiring diagrams....I do have one from a 2004 showing complete circuits for different components, but I don't know if 2005 has same parts or circuits...
any help appreciated..
Terry

johnnyproperty 04-06-2016 12:36 AM

resolved?

Did you ever get the issue(s) resolved?

Originally Posted by pippadad (Post 73926)
First I had a rad fan not kicking on, so replaced the temp coolant sensor, and the radiator fan relay , mounted down by the radiator, but problem still exists...Had an appointment last Friday ,but Thursday I had to have it towed because something really went crazy and car won't shift out of park, no wipers, blower, electric window control, just a multitude of items....he found near the main control module by the drivers' side wheel well (nice place to mount it, by the way :confused: ) some dirt around the wires, cleaned them up, and things started working again....drove it home today and it happened again!! When this phenomenon occurs, the relay for the wiper hi-lo is chattering , pulling it eliminates the chatter but not the problem...in addition to all these things not working I have the traction control light showing on the dash... so how to start troubleshooting all this stuff!!! I did a physical examination of all the connectors on the relay/fuse box, and below it near the headlight and the main computer...but to no avail..
Other posts with similar problems, have talked about bad grounds somewhere, but I have no 2005 wiring diagrams....I do have one from a 2004 showing complete circuits for different components, but I don't know if 2005 has same parts or circuits...
any help appreciated..
Terry

MNMike 11-04-2016 11:19 AM

Helpful video that is on point.

The ground points at issue are on the drivers side in front of the battery and kind of behind the headlight. They're hard to see because a giant wiring harness is right above them. If you take the headlight out they're really easy to reach, but you still can't see them.

This video walks you through how to troubleshoot and what to test to determine if it's a bad ground or if the IPM is bad, which is also a common issue.