Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   06 limited stuck in second gear can't think of anything else to do (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/06-limited-stuck-second-gear-cant-think-anything-else-do-27666/)

ferguson621 06-23-2017 04:47 PM

06 limited stuck in second gear can't think of anything else to do

I have an 06 Limited all-wheel-drive and I just got done doing a transmission swap and for some reason it's stuck in second gear. I have replaced both input and output speed sensor's. I also changed the shift solenoid. I've got the big four done in 4/0 welding wire and I have five agm batteries. I'm good to go as far as voltage and grounds. I also have a 240 amp high output alternator and I idle at 14.3 V.

CHRYSLER TECH 06-24-2017 12:30 AM

wrong trans for the car different setups computer see what they are. Or a wiring issue when being installed aka pinched broken pulled out ect.

ferguson621 06-28-2017 01:46 PM

Ok so i was able to get it towed to the dealership for free and they tried to flash the pcm and they said that it was bad and that i needed to have it replaced. They said the scan tool wouldn't recognize it. So i just ordered one on ebay for $150 pre programmed.....they wanted $1800 at the dealership.....what a joke! Its pathetic really. But how could it just all of a sudden be bad? It was working when i had the other transmission in it...and isnt the transmission the same for all years? I also converted this one from front wheel drive to all wheel.....would that make a difference?

CHRYSLER TECH 06-28-2017 10:43 PM

yeah in fact it would. and why is 1800 a joke? The Pcm/Tcm would be brand new the one for 150 is a rebuilt one used and just programed.

ferguson621 06-29-2017 12:48 PM

Because thats rediculous....i paid $600 for my 06 limited...$300 for an engine and trans, $180 for another engine. And i did all the work myself. Im ok with a used re programmed one with a lifetime warranty for $150. Cause if anything goes wrong with it they'll send me another one for free....as opposed to going through the dealer and only getting probably a 4 year warranty that would most likely be impossible to use because they're so picky about everything. Those arent the words i wanted to use but you get the idea.....anyways...so once i receive it and plug it in what do i need to do once i start it? To make it program itself

ferguson621 06-29-2017 12:50 PM

And it should fix the limp mode issue correct? And anything else that was wrong with the engine and trans?

CHRYSLER TECH 06-29-2017 11:41 PM

all those questions need to be answered by the company your getting the computer from.
and have no idea if a preprogrammed tcm will solve your issue.

ferguson621 06-30-2017 12:04 AM

Well they said at the dealership that if i get a new one it should fix the limp mode....i just didnt know if you or anyone else has had the same issue and have replaced the pcm

ferguson621 07-15-2017 09:26 AM

Ok so the dealership lied to me. I got my new pcm and it's still stuck in limp mode. They obviously lied to me to try and make me spend $1800 for a new one. F ucking pathetic pieces of shi t.....so anyways this is what my car is doing now.....https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz3njlbgvb...53741.mp4?dl=0

that's a short 9 second video of what it's doing when I put it in drive and try to accelerate. It won't move until it gets to 2000 rpm. And once it does it chirps and kinda jerks forward. Does that mean the torque converter is bad?

CHRYSLER TECH 07-15-2017 11:40 PM

I dont blame them one bit for wanting to install new computers. With all that you swapped around so so on there is no baseline to what actually works and what does not. I think your issues lies in the one you installed.