Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   06 Pacifica ABS light (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/06-pacifica-abs-light-7734/)

pearly28 03-08-2009 08:37 PM

06 Pacifica ABS light

I have a 06 pacifica and the ABS light is comming on. Every so often the brakes chatter and catch. I took it in and they said I needed a new left rear wheel bearing for $500. Does this sound right? Thanks in advance, Joyce

CHRYSLER TECH 03-08-2009 08:58 PM

nope u need wheel speed sensors not a wheel bearing and I would replace all of the sensors they have a bad habit of failing one after another the dealer has a TSB on this issue don't take it back to the people that told U that U need a wheel bearing.

Thew1096 03-23-2009 05:50 AM

Is the sensor connected to the bearing or is this something you can do in your garage? Everyone keeps telling me that the sensors are built into the bearing and both will need to be replaced. Is this true?

CHRYSLER TECH 03-23-2009 02:19 PM

not true the chrysler sensors are the sensors only U haft to take loose the hubs not replace them.

Pacifica3.82007 03-23-2009 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH (Post 25538)
nope u need wheel speed sensors not a wheel bearing and I would replace all of the sensors they have a bad habit of failing one after another the dealer has a TSB on this issue don't take it back to the people that told U that U need a wheel bearing.

Are all model year Pacifica's affected by this? Something else fantastic to look forward to.

CHRYSLER TECH 03-24-2009 06:29 AM

2005 - 2006

Pacifica3.82007 03-24-2009 07:55 AM

At last, something on my vehicle not covered by a tsb...

CHRYSLER TECH 03-25-2009 12:04 AM

if anything U want to have a tsb with that U know what the issue us and what it will take to fix it.

chterryiv 03-25-2009 12:35 AM

I had to have this replaced on right and left side of my 05' pacifica. Luckily i purchased extended warranty. :)

Pacifica3.82007 03-25-2009 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH (Post 26186)
if anything U want to have a tsb with that U know what the issue us and what it will take to fix it.

True...:D

phillips1114 05-25-2009 08:55 PM

Any way to find out which sensor is bad without taking it to the dealer? Have an 05 Pacifica with 59000 miles and this is the first time the abs light has come on. Everything I have read says it's the sensors. Could anything else be wrong instead of the sensors?

Raindrop 08-28-2010 10:18 AM

How to find out which sensor is bad?

My 2006 Pac is out of warranty. I took the vehicle to a local independent tech for ABS light issue. He said that he would have to drive the vehicle & run diagnostics to see which sensor is bad.

I was wondering, maybe that independent tech does not have right type of scanner for Chrysler vehicles. Can Chrysler dealer's scanner detect which ABS speed sensor is bad without driving the vehicle around?

Thanks.

indept 09-06-2010 03:02 PM

He shouldn't have to drive it. The dealer can read which sensor but they will charge you. I just bought an Actron 9580 reader which reads ABS codes. My 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee's ABS light was coming on back in '07 and I went to the dealer to read them, it said right front & left rear sensors & the controller pump were bad. Now if I were to let the dealer fix it, they would have replaced all 3 at my cost of course which would have been pretty expensive. I had them clear the codes then went home & checked connections to those parts, all seemed fine. The ABS system worked fine until july of this year. I didn't want to pay again to read them so I bought the Actron for 140 off ebay (the dealer charge in '07 was 50 bucks) so at least I can try looking for common issues between those parts such as common grounds, connections etc and read the codes if they re-occur. Bottom line is that it seems there's an intermittent issue and not necessarily bad parts and if I let the dealer replace those parts back then and it failed now, they would say the new parts are out of warranty so be careful with what they try to replace. Wheel sensors aren't really expensive but in my case the pump assy is well over 1000 for the part.

indept 09-08-2010 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by serena0116 (Post 40497)
Maintain clean vehicle level: Cleaning and maintenance, cleaning body parts, chassis and engine, cleaning the air filter, oil filter petrol filter out the sediments, rotating handle filters 3-4 laps, cleaning oil filter, according to the pollution degree change filter. Out of the reservoir water pump product.

WOW, I hope your previous 3 posts made sense.....

TNtech 09-08-2010 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by indept (Post 40471)
My 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee's ABS light was coming on back in '07 and I went to the dealer to read them, it said right front & left rear sensors & the controller pump were bad.

That makes me sad when I hear quotes like that. You know it's highly unlikely for the sensors AND controller to be bad at the same time. That's just a fail sign of a bad service dept that is too cheap to get the good techs. I do electrical diagnosis all day at the dealer and I can tell you I would never walk up with an estimate like that. That's just sorry. Go find another dealer if you can.

On another note you are probably not surprised when I tell you those sensors are junk (at least they used to be) Not uncommon to see more than one at a time replaced, and not uncommon for them to go bad within a few days or weeks. Haven't done that many in recent months though. Maybe they got their vendor issue fixed, let's hope so.

Brooks72 10-09-2010 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH (Post 25538)

Does anyone have this TSB or the number of it? Please post it or e-mail it to me. Thanks

CHRYSLER TECH 10-09-2010 12:18 PM

05-003-07

SUBJECT:
Wheel Speed Sensor Service
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin provides instructions for wheel speed sensor replacement for models listed.
MODELS:
2005 - 2006 CS Pacifica
NOTE: This bulletin applies to CS vehicles equipped with Anti-Lock Brakes (sales
code BGF) built between August 1, 2004 through February 28, 2006.
DISCUSSION:
If it becomes necessary to replace a wheel speed sensor, all four wheel speed sensors
must be replaced, (as a set).
PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty. Part No. Description
2 05166544AC Sensor, Anti-Lock Brake Kit, (Front)
2 05166545AB Sensor, Anti-Lock Brake Kit, (Rear)
NUMBER: 05-003-07
GROUP: Brakes
DATE: June 13, 2007
REPAIR PROCEDURE:
CAUTION: CAUTION: Prior to removal, clean area around sensor head to help
prevent contaminants from entering bearing when sensor head is
removed.
1. Using the procedures outlined in the parts package OR Dealer CONNECT >
TechCONNECT: SERVICE INFO tab /5 - Brakes > Electrical > Front or Rear Wheel
Speed Sensor > Remove, remove wheel speed sensors.
NOTE: Lubricate replacement sensor head and O-ring with supplied grease prior to
assembly. Do NOT use any other lubricants.
2. Using the procedures outlined in the parts package OR Dealer CONNECT >
TechCONNECT: SERVICE INFO tab /5 - Brakes > Electrical > Front or Rear Wheel
Speed Sensor > Installation, install new sensors kits using supplied grease and bolts.
3. Clear any stored codes, road test vehicle and verify proper operation.