Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   06 pacifica awd touring shifting hard and throttle sticking (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/06-pacifica-awd-touring-shifting-hard-throttle-sticking-25393/)

sammittrue 12-17-2015 12:27 PM

06 pacifica awd touring shifting hard and throttle sticking

sometimes the gas pedal is pretty hard to push down resulting in accidental over exceleration. that and the transmision is nice and clunky when starting of and sometimes while shifting in motion. had the fluid and filter changed and didnt seem to help. they also said there was alot of medal in the fluid. this thing has 142xxx. my sisters car and she loves it.

dcotter0579 12-17-2015 08:21 PM

Is there a question in there someplace?

sammittrue 12-17-2015 08:49 PM

Oh you must need to see a question mark to realize the question.
1 -What could be the cause for a sticky accelerator pedal at random?
2-clunky shifting possible causes? Apparently it's been doing it since she bought it at 70k. (Women drivers) just basically wondering if there are any known problems with say... the tranny modules or anything of that nature

dcotter0579 12-18-2015 09:57 AM

1 Take a careful look at the entire linkage. A little lubrication at the pivot points might take care of the problem. A good cleaning of the throttle body might also help.

2 Diagnosis of transmission problems starts with a readout of any error codes stored in the transmission computer. Poor shifts can generate error codes but not every code scanner can get to them. After that, pressure testing using specialized equipment can help find problems. Both these require hands-on dealing with the actual vehicle.

Remote guessing over the internet by people who have never seen your car will be worth every penny you pay for it.

sammittrue 12-18-2015 12:06 PM

Ah... Throttle body... I guessed that would be the next step as I've already inspected and lubed the linkage in the obvious places it could bind.

I was curious for common issues with the transmission I know my girlfriend 11 200 had two separate recalls for pcm problems with shifting, is hoping for something similar was all.
Thanks for your time. I will update next month when I have time to work on it for the next guy with similar symptoms

sivitec 01-20-2016 04:13 AM

how about the engine and the transmission mounts? have you checked it?

07PacificaLimited 01-20-2016 03:27 PM

Get your motor mounts checked, and possibly replaced. It will make a huge difference, I had 2 of mine replaced and the shift quality dramatically improved. Also, Pacifica's prior to 2007 used an old fashioned throttle cable. Make sure it isn't sticking.

Randy_W 02-09-2016 09:47 PM

It's a dirty throttle body, get an old toothbrush and a can of throttle body cleaner. Remove the intake hose and clean the throttle body and throttle plate completely. Put it back together and drive smoothly for another hundred thousand or so.