Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   2007 Pacifica Limp Mode problems (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/2007-pacifica-limp-mode-problems-29234/)

REBEL59 04-21-2018 10:20 AM

@grbullits. Instead of jumping on,and giving your advice, try reading all 3 of the op's threads and you will see the need for him to be a little more forthcoming. He is not doing checks or work himself and obviously has a hard time understanding how to communicate back specifics that have been repeatedly asked for. as only tid bits come from multiple repeat threads instead of staying with his original thread. SOMETHING not normally tolerated on any of the other forums that I associate with.

BiliTheAxe 05-01-2018 01:49 PM

Disconnect the switch and connect jumper wire on the plug.
If it works fine that way, the switch is bad.

grbullets 05-02-2018 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by REBEL59 (Post 105469)
@grbullits. Instead of jumping on,and giving your advice, try reading all 3 of the op's threads and you will see the need for him to be a little more forthcoming. He is not doing checks or work himself and obviously has a hard time understanding how to communicate back specifics that have been repeatedly asked for. as only tid bits come from multiple repeat threads instead of staying with his original thread. SOMETHING not normally tolerated on any of the other forums that I associate with.

OK I see your point. I only saw this thread. Didn't know about the oil switch, ABS and whatever else was going on.. I wonder where he got this thing, Houston maybe?? Is it a salvage title? Maybe a flood victim or something because it sounds like it could also be a wiring issue. Some people just don't know to describe in detail what happens, how it happens and when it happens which as you pointed out is important to getting some help with the actual issue. I only saw this thread to which I understood was very similar to an issue that I once had and did very extensive research on through a dealer friend of mine. The code light not coming on after going into limp mode is very confusing. He needs to get it to a dealer who can read deep into the PCM. For all we know the shop he went to could have made up the ABS thing hoping to get a brake job with new sensors etc. There would be as you know an ABS light on IF he actually had an issue. I understood it going into limp mode intermittently. He shuts the car off for a minute and it shifts normally again. Mine did this and would go sometimes a month before doing this again, sometimes every other day. But I got a P083B every second time it did this. I think he may have an issue with the MIL not working properly, maybe the PCM is screwed up which is why he needs to get to a dealer and let them put their fancy machine on it to see exactly whats in the PCM. They can see things a regular code reader can't. He should be getting codes that he says aren't there and that's weird. There has to be something there.