Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Adding Factory NAV to a 2007 Pacifica Limited (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/adding-factory-nav-2007-pacifica-limited-6488/)

Chris@CTA 09-18-2008 08:06 PM

Adding Factory NAV to a 2007 Pacifica Limited

Hello All

Without too much technical information, I believe that I require three main parts. There is the NAV computer, NAV DVD player and NAV controls/dash clock. I am sourcing used parts, some new, depending on cost.

I am assuming that since my Pacifica already has the back up camera, some of the wiring is already in place. I have noticed in the left rear quarter, a black electrical connector that looks very similar to the back of the DVD player. I hope that is what it is for. In the right rear quarter, however, I only see one extra connector, appears to be for the Infiniti Subwoofer that was optional in US vehicles. Is there a harness that goes from the NAV DVD to the NAV computer or does it go from the NAV computer to some other destination in the vehicle?

In the dash, is there a required wiring harness or will the one that exists accomodate the NAV?
Hmmm, I'm a bit lost with the complete set up, but I am motivated to make this attempt.

Hope someone can help, maybe provide the schematic of the factory NAV system and it's components?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Chris@CTA 09-21-2008 04:17 PM

RE: Adding Factory NAV to a 2007 Pacifica Limited

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the NAV system that they could post here or send to me?

Thanks in advance.

Chris@CTA 12-12-2008 06:24 PM

At long last, I am finally getting the pieces (some new, some used) to install the the factory NAV. I just hope to get some warmer weather to do this soon, but might not be so lucky there[&:]

xfire04 12-12-2008 07:23 PM

good luck on your nav instal you have to move to sunny Florida you can work on your car every day

Chris@CTA 12-12-2008 07:28 PM

HAHAHA, yeh, I should move to near my sister. She lives in the northern part of Miami.

xfire04 12-12-2008 07:54 PM

what cold state do you live in

xfire04 12-12-2008 08:03 PM

like website

Chris@CTA 12-12-2008 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: xfire04

what cold state do you live in
Ontario, Canada

Chris@CTA 12-12-2008 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: xfire04

like website
Thank you. We are planning to carry products for more Chrysler/Dodge vehicles. :D

the400kid 12-13-2008 11:20 AM

I would save my money and simply go with a portable unit. Yes, it's cool to see the map on the dashboard but I spent the bucks on a factory nav on my Pacifica and regret it. Oh it works well, but it is almost featureless. It does a fraction of what portable devices do and doesn't return much information other than the moving map (ie, no average speed, elapsed time, altitude). Programming it is a horror and because of that I rarely ever use it. I feel it was a complete waste of $1200.