Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

whiplash, vacuum sucking noise near map sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Default whiplash, vacuum sucking noise near map sensor

On highway, hit 75, damn near ended up with a broken neck.....car was obviously sucking in more air then petro.......causing some serious whiplash, lol!!

Took it to local auto parts store.......scanner had enough information to cause mt to replace idle arm intake, map sensor. NOT THE PROBLEM.

Now, while I was replacing the map sensor, I could hear a vacum noise, rather a clear "air sucking" noise.......but I cannot see, or cannot find any hose that may be causing the problem. And of course, I am out the $ for the MAP and Idle arm intake....they wont let me return them.....even though I was IN the parking lot when I both replaced them, AND removed them. Jerks.

Anyway.......its a 2004, AWD (had to remove that drive shaft, though, so now it is a front wheel drive, lol).

I am a nurse.......NOT a mechanic, however, I have had 2 identical Pacificas and know as much about the 3.5L motor (and the numerous problems) as I do human anatomy!

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Molly

Old 02-13-2012, 11:54 AM

I may have added that it continues to die when idling....sometimes tach goes to 4,000 RPMs while idling.....and the jerking back and forth on the highway was absolutely unreal.......Im serious when I say that it is enough to cause whiplash. If it starts at higher speeds, it will settle down when I pull over and shut it off for a while.

Anyone?