Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Brake causes click in console (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/brake-causes-click-console-12259/)

geodane 08-29-2010 12:10 PM

Brake causes click in console

Just replaced the front rotors on my 06 Pacifica. Now when the car is running, the shifter is in Park and I step on the brake there is a click sound in the console. I am sure it is the safety interlock to prevent shifting out of park without the brake being applied. This click was not there before I changed the rotors. Is this solenoid adjustable in some way. The sound is just annoying.

Raindrop 08-29-2010 05:12 PM

Noticed the same click sound in console

I am noticing same click sound in the console while applying brakes while car is parked, but engine running. I bought it used 6 months ago so I am not sure if it is due to rotor change or not. It is a 2006 Pacifica also BTW.

I am a bit curious if it is a warning for the things to follow .......:eek:

CHRYSLER TECH 08-29-2010 09:45 PM

U are heightened to things going on around u after a repair that U have done yourself that noise has more then likely been there the whole time. Brakes are fluid moving not clicking sounds when U press on the brake.

geodane 08-30-2010 09:28 AM

The sound is from the console not the brakes themselves. I have been a mechanic for well over 20 years and so I know what my heightened hearing is looking for and this sound is not from the fluid. I can also state that the sound may be a coincidence to the rotor change but it was not there before. But thanks for the expert reply from the Chrysler Tech.

avissvcmgr 08-30-2010 09:34 AM

Pressing the brake pedal actuates a solenoid that allows you to move the shift lever out of park. It is located under the center console. It will make an audible click when activated. Perfectly normal.

geodane 08-30-2010 11:24 AM

I understand that it is normal, but it did not make this noise before? So my question still stands is there any adjustment or alignment on this? I guess I will just have to open the console and look for myself.

TNtech 08-30-2010 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by geodane (Post 40221)
I understand that it is normal, but it did not make this noise before? So my question still stands is there any adjustment or alignment on this? I guess I will just have to open the console and look for myself.

Not adjustable except for the interlock mechanism throw. That won't help the noise.

dynawideglide 05-19-2011 04:13 PM

I just changed the brakes in my 06 pacifica and now I have a clicking noise in the counsel when I step on the brake and it is in park

CHRYSLER TECH 05-19-2011 09:19 PM

its been there ever scene the car was built

dynawideglide 05-19-2011 11:49 PM

That may be but I live in AZ and the summer gets pretty hot here. When the wife goes shopping I sit in car and leave it running for the air, & I've never heard that noise before when I took off.