Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Can't get ABS sensor off of the rear -- ABS light -- (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/cant-get-abs-sensor-off-rear-abs-light-24908/)

jimmy154 08-13-2015 07:57 PM

Can't get ABS sensor off of the rear -- ABS light --

I can't get the rear ABS sensors off.
I can't find the procedure in the service manual either.
Chrysler Tech, with a lot of typos, seemed to write that you have to loosen the hub, which it does seem like you have to do.
But I don't know how to loosen the hub, once I get the hub bolts off.
Do I have to loosen something else or was it rusted/oxidized together?

What kind of scan tool do you need to tell you why the ABS light it on?

CHRYSLER TECH 08-13-2015 11:25 PM

an A B S s c a n n e r

Royalman 08-13-2015 11:27 PM

The tool that scans the abs does not tell you why the light is on, it tells you which sensor to change or if it is the module that is bad.

jimmy154 08-14-2015 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by jimmy154 (Post 91164)
I can't get the rear ABS sensors off.
I can't find the procedure in the service manual either.
Chrysler Tech, with a lot of typos, seemed to write that you have to loosen the hub, which it does seem like you have to do.
But I don't know how to loosen the hub, once I get the hub bolts off.
Do I have to loosen something else or was it rusted/oxidized together?

:):):)

CHRYSLER TECH 08-14-2015 09:41 PM

"he tool that scans the abs does not tell you why the light is on" Really?
Damn iv been using it wrong for nearly 20 years then

Jacob25crd 08-23-2017 03:11 PM

Removing rear abs sensor of chrysler voyager gen 4:
Remove yellow plastic clip. Remove metal wire clip. Wiggle sensor out.
You can do this with the wheel on, but it is easier with the wheel off.
The electric connector is inside the vehicle just after the rubber seal.

Chris Stevens 06-08-2018 11:34 AM

Dash lights

Check wheel bearings. I have a 07 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4.0 and ABS and the other 2 lights came on so I checked my wheel bearings and my passenger rear wheel bearing hub was bad so I changed it and all the lights went out.

CHRYSLER TECH 06-08-2018 08:38 PM

the 07 are known to have abs sensors bad a tsb is out there for it.

Chris Stevens 06-08-2018 09:16 PM

Yea I see lots of people on here that talk about there lights being on so I was just letting everyone know that I had the same issue with my 07 Pacifica and my wheel bearing hub was bad and caused the sensor to act up from the shaking of the tire. But since I changed the wheel hub bearing the dash lights haven’t came back on. I just wanna tell everyone with the issue of the ABS and other lights that involve the brake system that come on to simply check your bearings before spending a whole lot of money on parts they may not need.

CHRYSLER TECH 06-11-2018 10:33 PM

the bearing A you would hear it it would wobble Plus jacking the car up and feeling the whee move well thats a good clue to a bearing hub assembly and not a wheel speed sensor.