Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Flickering lights on our Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/flickering-lights-our-pacifica-5302/)

Truemaloso 06-08-2013 11:39 PM

Flickering lights on our Pacifica

You are a great help and saved me a lot of money with your fix.But i have one more thing to add. My Pacifica was having the all dash lights stay on after the key was removed.After doing your fix on my Pacifica it worked fine until it rained remote stopped working again i cursed up a storm so after the rain i took another look to see if i made a mistake or wire loose.I noticed that the rain water had pooled up under my wiper motor on the drivers side so i pulled out the drain plug they had there the water rushed out.Still no remote power after the rain stopped and dried up about 4 hours the remote works again.I pulled the overflo bottle off the strut tower to put the drain plug back in and a little water comes from the drain tube right on to the wire harness why would you put a drain plug there.I removed some tape and wire loom only to find some moisture in the wires so i covered it with plastic and tape so it no longer gets wet from the drain plug.I turned on the water hose and let it run for a few minutes and walla no moredead remote dash lights go off like normal and i saved myself a lot of cash.Hope this works for someone else

CHRYSLER TECH 06-09-2013 08:53 AM

See Just like I had told u on the other web site U needed some one or yourself to look around it was noting any one could help with online =)

cuffsla 08-25-2013 09:58 PM

i cannot see any pics. When your car showed these problems were you able to shift out of park? I have all they same issues and the park thing. Thanks.

cuffsla 08-25-2013 10:50 PM

is is possible to just buy a new harness and do it that way rather than by pass it all together?

cuffsla 08-29-2013 01:49 PM

Now what

I did the fix and still have a problem. No what

cuffsla 08-29-2013 01:50 PM

Any suggestions

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH (Post 70897)
See Just like I had told u on the other web site U needed some one or yourself to look around it was noting any one could help with online =)

I did the fix and still having same issues. Not the alternator

MarMar 09-16-2013 08:54 AM

Please Help

I have this same problem, please help! i see that what you did worked with the lights flickering it this an easy job to be done?

tcwaltz 09-17-2013 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by MarMar (Post 73337)
I have this same problem, please help! i see that what you did worked with the lights flickering it this an easy job to be done?

its a relatively easy job to do. I did this to my wife's Pac a couple years ago and its still working fine. However, the one thing that I did not do was connect the ground. its not necessary (grounding isn't the issue here) and the bolt that Ranzy used is for the top of the strut assembly so its not something I choose to mess with. If you want to add a ground just drill a whole and add one. Since I have been working on Sailboats alot lately I have acquired a hydraulic crimping tool to apply ends to large wire. I'm debating on using the original wiring again and simply replacing the end that attaches to the fusebox, because in a nutshell, that is where the problem is.

chronos56 09-18-2013 08:00 AM

Did this repair over the weekend, so far its has worked like a charm. I did do the positive cable as well as the ground. There are some comments elsewhere in this forum indicating that the Pacifica has some issues with the ground connection to the frame. Much better to be safe then sorry.

I found that a 24" line will work well for the ground and a 40" line is a good fit for the positive side.

This is a problem that has plagued us on and off for years. I did fix it for quite a while by simply recrimping the ground wire at the battery terminal, so I know that grounding problems are involved.

We also recently had the transmission giving us all kinds of error codes, turned out to be a bad alternator. Our mechanic diagnosed it by temporally disconnecting the alternator and the transmission started working normally again. This would be an easy test for backyard mechanics like us.

On to the cracked fuel pump problem, if only it would stop raining.

Jim

Marco Sanchez Sr 09-23-2013 11:25 AM

Pics not showing for me can you please send ?

Hello, I can not see the Pictures for some reason can you please email the fix to msanchez13@msn.com please.
Thanks Marco