Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   malfunction indicator light (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/malfunction-indicator-light-18908/)

theblondeone 01-10-2013 01:14 PM

malfunction indicator light

this light just came on this morning - i have checked the gas cap, it was loose so i tightened it. that did not help
I researched and found out how to get the code associated with the light and it is P 0420.
What should I do now?
I dont have a lot of money to spend on repairs, but my car is under a warranty.
thanks for any help:(

Grenadiers 01-10-2013 01:51 PM

That is the code that tends to be associated with the fuel system ...and a loose gas cap.

The code may clear itself in a couple of days. You code also purchase an OBD2 reader and clear the code yourself.

Cheers!

dcotter0579 01-10-2013 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by theblondeone (Post 67365)
What should I do now?
I dont have a lot of money to spend on repairs, but my car is under a warranty.

Why are you here? If the car is under warranty, take it to where they honor the warranty and get it fixed.

Duh.

theblondeone 01-11-2013 01:52 PM

to dcotter0579 - please do not respond to anymore of my threads, as i am here for help, not sarcasm.

Grenadiers 01-11-2013 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by theblondeone (Post 67390)
to dcotter0579 - please do not respond to anymore of my threads, as i am here for help, not sarcasm.

As a Moderator on another site, if you are having issues/problems with another member, send a PM to one of the site Moderators.

They will look into it and take action as required/needed.

BTW, I agree with you. His post was neither informative nor helpful. Don't get discouraged!!

Cheers!

CHRYSLER TECH 01-11-2013 02:40 PM

this is where common scene is earned and not born with sorry
"I dont have a lot of money to spend on repairs, but my car is under a warranty."

No money under warranty no pay

DO it yourself guess spend time and money u dont have which would U like to do?

dcotter0579 01-12-2013 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Grenadiers (Post 67391)
His post was neither informative nor helpful.

I certainly don't want to pick any fights, but I disagree that the post was neither informative nor helpful. If there's a warranty, the FIRST place to go for a malfunction would be where they will honor the warranty, especially for someone who expresses a financial concern. Yes, there was a note of sarcasm there. It seemed appropriate given the obvious nature of the proposed solution.

"I have a problem with my car. I have a warranty. What should I do?"

theblondeone 01-13-2013 08:47 AM

Neither dcotter0579 nor Chrysler tech have posted a response to what the code p0420 means. Do you know or not? If NOT, then keep your opinions about what I SHOULD do to yourself. Also, Chrysler tech, if you are such, your first response should've been an answer to the code, obviously you are lacking in common sense area yourself.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-13-2013 11:00 AM

yeah common enough sense to know not to tell u so yeah buddy do home work open up Google.com type in p420 OBD code its federal emissions code its basally a a BS code.

dcotter0579 01-13-2013 03:31 PM

Here:

P0420 Error Code: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

"I researched and found out how to get the code associated with the light and it is P 0420.
What should I do now?"

Your question was "What should I do now?" Next time you want to know "What is the meaning of this code?", try phrasing your question more appropriately.