Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Message (service tire system soon) (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/message-service-tire-system-soon-3189/)

cmmiller22 03-25-2010 08:48 PM

With the number of problems people have with these sensors and the batteries not lasting past 100k miles, would it be possible to use regular valve stems on Pacifica rims and simply IGNORE the damn tire monitor light? We've got an '04 that had, and still has, this service light on, yet we're all smart enough to check the tire pressure and recognize when one is low. I hate to blow $300 on four new sensors and labor when I can buy a quality pressure gauge and pop for $.50 at a gas station's air pump when needed.

Has anyone gone back to assuming responsibility for checking their tire pressure and installed regular valve stems on a Pacifica?

BlueRam3500 03-26-2010 08:07 PM

Hi gang, I'm new here so just bear with me. Until two days ago I never heard of tpms let alone on how to spell it but I notice that you all seem to be having some problems with it. I did a little bit of checking on the web and on my first search using just "tpms" The first guy on the list was the following URL: http://www.tpmswholesalers.com/Sensors.aspx you can buy sensors for a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica for $31.54 and free shipping if you buy 4.

I hope this will at least help lower the cost of your headaches. I'm from the old school and I don't mind telling you that the cost of the government "watching out for us" is going to kill us all.

desperado 04-06-2010 03:16 PM

My winter rims don't have the sensors and the light and warnings pop up all winter long. it's pretty annoying.

If you can find someone to do it, it can be switched off permanently on the computer.

KatieLynn 10-27-2010 06:43 PM

Service Tire System

My Service Tire System message has been up for about a year. I know that sounds ridiculous. It came on with the original tires. I needed new tires so I asked them to find and replace the faulty tire sensor. Two different tire places checked all 4 sensors and said none were faulty. 3 months later I took the car in to get a motor mount replaced (it's be a great car, let me tell ya ) so I asked this repair shop to check the sensors also. They said all 4 were functioning. Ironically, as it gets colder out, sometimes in the morning, the car will tell me if the tire pressure is low. The message alternates between STS and X number of tires with low pressure. So how can they work and alert me when there is low pressure, yet I constantly have the service tire system message up?

teamfatmouse 11-05-2010 10:32 PM

This may help one of your issues... as the weather gets colder, take your pac. to a tire shop and have them add 3 to 5 lbs air to all tires 3 lbs min. but make sure all are the same pressure. this will stop the low pressure warnings. also have you had the sensour codes reset, by either a dealer or someplace like Autozone? just to see how long the take to reappear if they throw a new code that will help the dealership or mechanice figure out what is causing it. ... hope this helps.

teamfatmouse 11-05-2010 10:56 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL.......HAHAHAHAHA..... I love the signature!!!! my previous car the listed color as the manufacture listed .." moondust" everybody called it silver.. it actully changed color from a platnum silver to a very cool gold shade.

karfreek 12-13-2010 04:11 PM

Anyone fix this? Even my dealer is stumped, the Chrysler Tech Line was no help to them either. Nothing like have the dealer return the car saying "We dont know whats wrong, but something is wrong".

Jay

NotAcarGuy 06-02-2011 09:49 AM

What service tire system soon means...

After reading the solution "take to dealer" I thought I'd share a great explanation of what causes the error.

I have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country. I am receiving a ... - JustAnswer

The gist is you can have this from a tire pressure sensor not responding for 10 minutes at speeds above 25 mph.

Or from having a response not occur from a tire in the expected time interval, not having your spare tire in/on the car, and a number of other tire pressure monitor irregularites.

CHRYSLER TECH 06-02-2011 12:10 PM

blame the fed government for all of this BS because some one up there had heard enough bitching from people that the cause of this accident was cause by low tire pressure or something like that. Responsibility of owing a car has not changed in over 100 years.
Oil, tire pressure, simple maintenance. All items that you as an owner must learn to take care of or pay some one to take care of does not matter which. Big brother will be the downfall and make everyone dependent on a HUGE federal government that is not needed to check your freaking tire pressure. As for fixing any issues what is the scanner saying is wrong with the sensors? Low batt? internal failure which one?

redvette33 01-26-2013 11:42 AM

Mine just popped up at 78,000 miles has anybody fix this yet through going to the dealer or buying all new sensors?