Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Misfire after warm restart (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/misfire-after-warm-restart-23960/)

Thc 02-21-2015 04:47 PM

Misfire after warm restart

I have a 2006 pacifica with 3.5L. If I start it up with the engine cold it will run fine as long as I don't shut it off. I can drive all day with no problems, I just have to leave it running. If I shut it off and then restart it with the engine warm it immediately starts idling rough and misfiring. The only way to get it to stop is to shut it off and wait about an hour for the engine to cool off. It will then run fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

CHRYSLER TECH 02-22-2015 12:08 AM

Check out TSB 0901006

Thc 02-22-2015 02:51 PM

Do you have a link to the TSB? I have searched this site and the Chrylser TSB site but cannot find TSB 0901006. Thanks

ChryslerCares 02-25-2015 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Thc (Post 87404)
Do you have a link to the TSB? I have searched this site and the Chrylser TSB site but cannot find TSB 0901006. Thanks

Hey Thc,
I’ve provided TSB 09-010-02 below for your review. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

SUBJECT:
Multiple Cylinder Misfire Or Rough Idle

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves rotating all engine exhaust valves, replacing the valve spring retainer locks with a new design to increase valve rotation at lower RPM, inspecting/replacing the MAP sensor (as necessary), and decarbonizing the combustion chamber.

MODELS:
2004 - 2006 (CS) Pacifica
2005 - 2006 (LX) Chrysler 300/Magnum/Charger

NOTE: This bulletin applies to CS models built after February 1, 2004 (MDH 0201XX) equipped with a 3.5L engine (Sales Code EGN).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to LX models equipped with a 3.5L engine (sales code EGG) except 2006 vehicles equipped with California Emissions (sales codes NAE) built on or before May 2, 2006 (MDH 0502XX). See Technical Service Bulletin 18-016-06 dated May 4, 2006 for more information..

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience occasional engine misfire (rough running engine) during certain vehicle operating conditions. In addition, MIL illumination may also have occurred due to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire. Various single cylinder misfire DTC's may also be present. If the frequency of misfire is high, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) may place the engine in “Limp-In” mode. The misfire condition may be caused by one or more engine exhaust valves that are slow to close due to a build up of carbon on the valve stem.

Christian Diaz 09-28-2017 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Thc (Post 87392)
I have a 2006 pacifica with 3.5L. If I start it up with the engine cold it will run fine as long as I don't shut it off. I can drive all day with no problems, I just have to leave it running. If I shut it off and then restart it with the engine warm it immediately starts idling rough and misfiring. The only way to get it to stop is to shut it off and wait about an hour for the engine to cool off. It will then run fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

I got same problem. Did you find a way on how to fix it?

REBEL59 09-28-2017 08:45 AM

READ the tsb...CARBON BUILD UP..Chrysler's fix is to remove and install a different improved valve spring retainer and DE CARBONIZING the combustion chambers of the motor. This is not a free service if out of warranty. It is on your dime, and opening up the valve covers and work involved is pretty intensive($$$). Try running Seafoam fuel treatment in your gas tank for a couple of fill ups and see if that clears up the carbon buildup that is causing the problem. I am sold on how this product DOES work, just read and follow dosage instructions.
EDIT: it also says to check/test the MAP sensor, If there is a problem with that the Check Engine Light on the dash will be illuminated...Does your ride have that illuminated when you drive???