Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Need the front suspension replaced on my 2004 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/need-front-suspension-replaced-my-2004-a-29017/)

cnic 02-22-2018 10:22 AM

Need the front suspension replaced on my 2004

I’ve been getting constant vibrations coming up through the steering wheel for a while now. The steering and handling on my pacifica used to be fairly comfortable. But now I can tell a noticeable difference whenever I take corners while driving or apply the brakes at traffic lights. I was told by a friend of mine who knows quite a bit about cars and works as a mechanic that I need to seriously consider replacing my front struts. I do have 205,000+ miles on the car so I guess it’s somewhat long overdue. To save myself some money along with the cost of labor, I’ve decided to search ebay for the parts I need. I think it’s my best option. So far the biggest challenge has been trying to get the sellers to respond to my questions about the product’s quality and the warranties being offered. If any. I did come across one seller who was offering what appears to be quality struts with a lifetime warranty Buy 2760-FS - SENSEN Shocks Struts, Front Pair, 2 Pieces, NEW, Lifetime Warranty | 4214-1266, 4214-1266,339088, 72130. Take a look at apx auto parts and tell me what you think. Thumbs up or thumbs down?

TurboRev 02-27-2018 01:08 PM

How old are your tires?

Forester 02-27-2018 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by TurboRev (Post 104656)
How old are your tires?

my thoughts exactly.
​​​​try that first, sometimes if you hit a sharp pot hole it can cut your steel belts, causing all kinds of nasty feelings, and the tire might look fine.

Forester 02-27-2018 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by TurboRev (Post 104656)
How old are your tires?

Originally Posted by Forester (Post 104664)
my thoughts exactly.
​​​​try that first, sometimes if you hit a sharp pot hole it can cut your steel belts, causing all kinds of nasty feelings, and the tire might look fine.

I would want at least a slight upgrade if doing struts, the ones you found look good to me.

I think the stock suspension is a little bit soft for my taste, I would love something like bilstien coil overs.

let us know what you decide and how they work out. I just want a slighter than stock stiffness.

Frige 03-15-2018 08:17 AM

Before you order anything you really need to check out the entire front end for wear. At 205k I would imagine a few bushings need replacing. Replacing the struts involves a lot of the same work as replacing bushings so I would do it all at the same time.

Frige 04-04-2018 10:34 AM

Also after doing some research and taking my 07 apart you probably need to replace the motor mounts if you have not already.