Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   New-to-me 2007 Chrysler Pacifica 4.0 - few questions (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/new-me-2007-chrysler-pacifica-4-0-few-questions-29503/)

quakerj 06-16-2018 11:13 AM

New-to-me 2007 Chrysler Pacifica 4.0 - few questions

I purchased a used 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Limited FWD 4.0L last week. What a ride, it's in great condition, paid $5k for it at a small used-car lot. Found the original window sticker, it was $38k new, Has the HID headlamps, navigation/backup camera, Infinity Intermezzo sound. It appears the only thing missing from a full feature list is AWD (which I didn't want to due to the extra maintenance and repair) and the fold down TV screen in back.

I need to change the timing belt ASAP. We picked the car up with 130k and I was immediately suspicious of the timing belt-- people that trade cars in around 100k almost never do it. I was able to contact the previous owner on Facebook (they left an old registration card in glove box) and by the sounds of it, they didn't do any maintenance at all other than regular oil changes. He said he traded it in because it would randomly stall, and someone (dealer perhaps) told him it was the ECU going out, and it would cost more than the car was worth to fix. We bought it in North Carolina, and drove it home to northern KY (5 hours or so) without any issues or stalling.

A few questions I have:

Is there a timing belt sticky or instructions / old posts anywhere that detail the timing belt change? I ordered a new belt, pulley with arm, hydraulic tensioner and water pump. I don't plan on replacing camshaft seals, unless they're easy to do-- what's your take on this?

Has anyone heard of the stalling issues the old owner has reported? He just said it would randomly stall, but we have not observed this.

I believe this car needs new motor mounts, it has a coarse vibration at idle, and I feel a vibration at speed, which could be mounts or something else, I thought I might start with the mounts as that's the only thing I know which can cause the vibration at idle when the engine is running. How many mounts are there on this engine and are they easy to replace? Or is there one that fails most often and I can leave the rest alone? I hate replacing good mounts, because most of the time new parts are not the same quality as the originals.

The maintenance I plan on doing right away include -- timing belt & related components, spark plugs, transmission drain and refill & filter if possible, air filter, cabin air filter, serpentine belt and coolant flush/refill and new upper/lower radiator hoses. Anything else I should add to the list? Is the auto trans filter serviceable on this vehicle? I have ordered the trans dipstick to make the procedure easier. Also is there a fuel filter that can be serviced? Rockauto didn't list one, so I suspect the filter isn't serviceable.

Any other advice/suggestions/info about these vehicles that would be helpful would be greatly appreciated.