Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   " New" Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/new-pacifica-28333/)

Salvatore Lowry 10-21-2017 07:25 PM

" New" Pacifica

1 Attachment(s)
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.chr...1cd828be56.jpgA Happy Ending! Two years ago I foolishly sold my optioned out 2004 Pacifica and bought a newHonda Crosstour. What a come down! My back feels every bump and the car lacks the amenities of my old Pacifica and the seats are flat and hard. I have kept looking for another Pac, and here is what I found. It is a beautiful, always garaged 2008 touring with everything, and only 36,000 miles. AWD and the interior and underside are perfect. Just bragging, but thanks for looking.

REBEL59 10-21-2017 08:51 PM

Very nice looker! But where and how much? I have thought of going into a Pacifica of this model, but the motor cradle bad name it got has me worried here in the Rust belt of western NY.

Barbara 2 10-24-2017 11:32 PM

Have heard about the rusting problems. Does the rust start from the inside or outside ? If inside, maybe if Ziebart or some other treatment is available in your area that could give longer life for the parts. When we lived in Ohio years back I saw that light oil sprayed on a hot day inside door and other panels how it would slowly creep along metal seams and soak into the rust in a few days time. Flat doors on box type service trucks attracted the rust more than many other types but was easy to get the oil into them. Thanks. *BW*

07PacificaLimited 01-14-2018 11:20 PM

My 2007 Pacifica broke down around April, and long story short, I ended up leasing a brand new 2017 Honda Civic Touring. Well, guess who is picking up an 08 Pacifica Limited shortly... I miss the space, comfort, and AWD. I am so jealous that you picked up such a gem!! Congratulations! :)

Salvatore Lowry 01-15-2018 09:13 AM

Thanks for the replies. As to the "rust issue", there hasn't seemed to be one on either of my Pacificas. Regarding the stark contrast between the car I bought and owned between my 2004 and 2008 Pacificas, I suppose the old adage that you never appreciate what you've had until you've lost it holds true.

Since acquiring my 2008 AWD Touring Signature Edition in November 2017, I have had new tires mounted and wheels balanced and aligned. I have had it to the Chrysler dealer twice, and it had passed the multi-point Chrysler inspection with flying colors. I also had the dealer replace the timing belt and water pump with new seals, even though the mileage is very low ( now up to 37,000) on my 10 year old car, because of age. When the work was done they found that the water pump was beginning to leak, so it was well with doing. The cost for this service was a little over $1000.00.

What do I miss on this car? Built in navigation much as I had on my 2004. I have tried my phone, but find it inconvenient and the sound is harder for me to hear. I have added an aftermarket Magellan 5" unit on a windshield mount, but it is hard to see in the Pac, because of the distance from from the driver to the windshield. I am playing with this and may try a vent mount. I also dislike the wire dangling from the unit to the outlet. The back up camera on my Pac leaves a lot to be desired. Not only is the image not clear but it is hard to see in daylight...too dim. Of course, there is no bluetooth, and I don't know what to do about that without replacing the radio with some sort of expensive aftermarket set up. I don't really miss it though.

All in all, I am extremely pleased with my " new" Pacifica, and see no reason to have a newer car. The head mechanic at the Chrysler dealer told me that these are excellent cars, and even the steel used is better than in the bodies of new cars. I will be using a combination synthetic oil from now on at his suggestion. Enjoy your Pacificas, treat them right and keep them rolling. MOPAR to 'ya, friends!