Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Now THIS is a dirty cabin air filter (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/now-dirty-cabin-air-filter-17905/)

ntwrkguy1 07-14-2012 12:45 PM

Now THIS is a dirty cabin air filter

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in the process of doing some routine maintenance on my newly acquired '04 Pac, and thought to myself "I wonder if the cabin air filter has been changed recently....?"

I pulled the cover off, and as I was pulling the filter down, oak leaves cascaded down onto the carpet. Not sure if this is the original cabin air filter, but it might be!

Best $19 I spent today!

Attachment 1668

TwinEdge 07-14-2012 02:44 PM

Yea, they get bad, but mine was much worse, it was wet and all and just like yours with all the leaves...:eek:

ntwrkguy1 07-14-2012 02:53 PM

This one had additional dirt on top of it that fell off when I dropped the filter, but you're right, at least it wasn't wet!

How did water get to it?

TwinEdge 07-14-2012 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 (Post 63290)
This one had additional dirt on top of it that fell off when I dropped the filter, but you're right, at least it wasn't wet!

How did water get to it?

My guess is condensation (humidity from the A/C condenser) but not really sure.. You should check (I don't how to call it), but it's where the wipers are at.. Yours doesn't get wet on the driver side? If not, good, but if it ever does, check in there.. I don't why, but in there the seals or seems are not well sealed some times... In mine they weren't, and when it rained some water drained to the driver side floor mat..After that something went wrong in the car's electronics.. You can also get water from the sun roof if you have it.. It will come down the drivers side post, from right inside the plastic, water will be coming right out of the area where the plastic cover is bolted, usually that's a clogged drain ..So keep an eye out for that..

ntwrkguy1 07-14-2012 04:21 PM

Thank you for the heads-up on these issues. I have a sunroof, but no leaking yet. I also haven't had any water on the driver's side floor mat, but I will keep an eye out for it. The car is garaged a lot, but occasionally makes it out into the rain.

TwinEdge 07-14-2012 09:41 PM

Good, these cars I think weren't made to be much in the showers..lol!

adrian1925 08-19-2012 06:11 PM

just bought an 04 a few months ago....wheres the cabin air filter at???

ntwrkguy1 08-20-2012 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by adrian1925 (Post 64205)
just bought an 04 a few months ago....wheres the cabin air filter at???

They are on the passenger side, up under the glovebox. Here's a great tutorial on removing/replacing your cabin air filter. Don't be shocked at what comes out, because it might be the OEM filter you're replacing.

Cabin Filter Replacement: 2004-2008 Chrysler Pacifica - 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 3.5L V6