Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   P0129 Code (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/p0129-code-29998/)

hahnches 10-13-2018 05:46 PM

P0129 Code

To start I have a 2005 Pacifica Touring 3.5L. Driving home my check engine light came on and started having hesitation like it wanted to die, but didn't. When I got home hooked it up to OBD and it read P0129(x2). I saw other posts that mentioned the MAP sensor being bad and one said that throttle bottle may have carbon build up and need to be cleaned. I cleaned throttle body as it did have carbon build up. I purchased 2 different MAP sensors as well, just to be safe. I installed one and the next day drove to school. On the way there in the morning, everything was great, the mpg went up a bit and everything sounded good. On the way home though, it was a bit warmer out and ran the AC. At a stop light it began to act like it was going to die and upon acceleration it did. Tried putting it in neutral and restarting it a couple of times but wouldn't. Finally after several attempts it restarted. After this it seemed to run better on the way home, a couple of times there was hesitation but didn't die. Also could not use cruise control during this time when check engine light came on (both occurrences). After I came home I replaced MAP sensor with other brand new sensor. Went to post office and everything was fine, but on return home it did the same thing where it died and didn't want to start until after a few times trying. I saw a video where if you pull the map sensor connector off while running it should die. When I did this, it acted like it was going to die but kept running. Any ideas to what this could be?
Thanks in advance.

REBEL59 10-13-2018 05:58 PM

Check the EGR valve,it's probably the original at 14 years old now and unknown to us mileage. The 3.5 was known for the EGR valve to carbon up and stick partly open, you would get similar symptoms you describe. A/C use puts a further load on a "balky" motor. Would also be a good idea to check and clean the Idle Air Control valve. And yes, if the CEL is lit up, the cruise is blocked from operating.

hahnches 10-13-2018 06:31 PM

Thank you. I will check it out in the morning.

hahnches 10-18-2018 06:15 PM

I was able to clean the Idle Air Control valve, but the EGR valve is harder to get to and I'm hoping there may be something else as I'm not getting a specific code on the EGR. Is there anything else that falls under the P0129 code?

REBEL59 10-19-2018 02:36 AM

I'm not good at posting links, but found a TSB 09-10-06 that relates to your vehicle. Try looking that up and see if that helps.

hahnches 10-19-2018 12:59 PM

Thank you for the information. I tried searching for the TSB, but had no luck. Where would I find this at.
Thank you for being so helpful! I really appreciate it!