Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 Pac Hard pop in front drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 03:22 PM
Default 2005 Pac Hard pop in front drivers side

I have gone crazy with this car this past week and I'm hoping some one can help because I'm at my wits end... first I do have mechanical knowledge and have been in the auto service industry for many years so we work on our own but this is stumping me , it start off by a a small slip like driving over loose gravel then corrected it self drove home 7 miles pulled into the driveway a hard right and heard a pop, so we pulled the tires to inspect and see what was going on , we found both sides needed.. Lower control arms and tie rod ends and stabilizers replaced all needed parts checked out cv's and they looked healthy and nothing else visually looked bad or was loose put her back together to test drive and pop again pulled forward and sharp turned it and you could see the drivers tire jerk when it popped so we took off the tire and checked it all out again , decided to pull the hub and cv just to be sure, and sure enough they were both bad too the cv fell off at the trans after two hours of messing with it ,got the broken part out and now it has been replaced along with the hub put it all back together and still pop I've looked every where nothing is even close to what this is , mind you before that slip feeling there was no real issue with the suspension other than feeling like the tires were out of balance and needed to balanced and rotated and off just a small amount with the alignment , I've seen people talk about mounts making it pop but the only one that is close i see is what I'm guessing is called the metal dampener behind the fender next to the timing chain cover? not loose tho just looks dry rotted, to say I'm overthinking at this point would be an understatement .. don't wanna drive it to the nearest mechanic that i trust and can look at it since he is 30 miles away .anyone else had this issue before ..