Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

04 Pacifica - Front end noise - rattle rattle

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Default 04 Pacifica - Front end noise - rattle rattle

GA_googleFillSlot("Forums_ROS_300x250_noad");

Hello - I have a 2004 Pacifica w/ 2wd and approx 65k miles. Generally the car rides very well but recently I have had 2 front end issues crop up.The first is a loud clunk when driving over bumps. You can't really distinguish which side its comming from. I believe it's the stabilizer bushings (already replaced the links). I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue or knows how big of a job it is to replace the bushings?The second issue is a strange squeeking during braking, when the front end dipps. It's not the braking system but sounds more like something w/ the chassis. A friend mentioned it might be some type of bushing above the struts but other than that I have no idea what could be making this niose. Again, any ideas would be appreciated.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Default RE: 04 Pacifica - Front end noise - rattle rattle

Sounds pretty similar to SARG's problem described in this thread:

https://www.chryslerforum.com/m_22258/tm.htm

Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Default 04 Pacifica - Front end noise - rattle rattle

I have a 2004 Pacifica AWD with 90k(purchased used 2 yrs ago with 68K). About a month ago I started to get the "rattle" sound in the front(toward the right side)when driving over uneven surfaces. **Does Not** make the noise when I go over speed bumps(I go over a set of 2, 5 days week). Also when I am stopping(mainly when making a quick stop)have been hearing the "creaking" noise. The previous owner per service records had front end service(under warranty around 25-30k miles).

I have been reading the posts here and on pacificaworld.com and there different ones replacing lower control arms and sway bar components and still having the same problem.

I do have the clicking when first backing and turning and see several post that torquing the hubs have solved this problem for most. I hate to have all this guess work done and still have the same problem. Could it be a CV Joint or Motor Mount?
Does anyone have a concrete answers to go with, that has solved these problems?(rattle and creaking noises)? Thanks for any feed back
Tim

Old 10-26-2009, 04:35 PM

Well torquing the hubs helped my 04 out and you don't have to replace parts or spend a lot to do that. That helped on the clicking, I also would hear slight rattle from front end when we backed out of the garage from the garage floor to driveway uneven surface. We never had the control arms replaced. I was convinced it was something in the right front strut but we ended up selling the car before I figured it out.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by BenjaminA
'04 Pacifica
So I've replaced every bushing and link in the front end (one at a time, here and there) and all is well for about 10K miles, then it repeats the cycle.

Where can I get better grade bushings so this doesn't keep happening?

Thanks!
Ok, so using the info provided in another thread I was able to source aftermarket polyurethane bushings made by Energy Suspension. These are not direct fit but they bolt on with the new brackets that are included with the kit.

The part number is 9.5169R. the bracket needs a slight modification, I cut one one of the bolt slots straight through to match how the factory bracket was. This makes it easier for install and to make sure the bolts are straight for the reinstall. You do not want to cross thread the nut in the engine cradle, the slots on the new bracket are right at the limit of the bolt holes. Also you will need to put something around the stabilizer bar to keep it from moving as the new bushings are narrower. I used industrial zip ties.

Any questions just post back, I am subscribed to is thread and get an email when there is a post.

The car handles like it is on rails now. no waddling going down the road or clunking.

Jay

Old 03-25-2024, 06:50 PM

We've been very happy with our 2021 Pacifica Touring L w 18" wheels. However at 44,000 miles it has developed a creaking noise when moving and turning slowly. Can also duplicate this noise a little when pressing left front down. Dealer diagnosed with needing new stutts and bearings at $2600.

Already out of warranty due mileage, and time out in April. Dissappointed but seems a common problem with this Chrysler body.