Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

05 Pacifica, Blender Door Actuator, Replacement Help....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Default 05 Pacifica, Blender Door Actuator, Replacement Help....

My GF has an 05 Pacifica and now that its colder then you know what outside we started noticing the passenger side blows cold and the drivers side will melt you into the seat...

From what i could find online its the passenger blender door actuator thats the most likely culprit. So i had a look under the dash with the service manual and i found it, but as luck would have it the passenger actuator is the front one, and its buried behind a ton of stuff under there, i can see the top of it, and almost see the electrical connector but i can't see the screws holding it on, and there is no clear path to get to it.

The service manual and a local dealer i talked to said its removed without taking anything more apart then the trim panel on the bottom of the drivers side dash, but her's doesn't have that hush panel because it has the adjustable pedals. The problem is moving the pedals all the way back or all the way forward doesn't seem to clear stuff out of the way enough to get access to the screws holding the bugger on. So anyone got some tips to get access to it?

I ordered a new motor, and while i wait for it to arrive i was hoping to just remove the bad motor and turn the shaft to the heat position to at least get full heat for now. I tried the recalibration procedure hoping it was off from putting a new battery in but that didn't fix it, the passenger blender actuator attempts to run, and if you put your hand on it while changing the controls you can feel it go click click click, and from pictures online it appears that there is plastic gears in them that strip, so as far as i can tell the only problem here is that little motor isn't turning the shaft and moving the door.

A/C was colder then the arctic in the summer, so i'm guessing its stuck in the cold position now. Anyone know which way to turn the shaft to get it to hot after i potentially get the little bugger taken off? Will be next week until the motor gets here so just looking for a temp fix until the part arrives.

Thanks!!