Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Real world MPG (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/real-world-mpg-368/)

Nurse 06-12-2005 01:49 AM

Real world MPG

I am very interested in buying a new/used Pacifica but after the 60+ comments I have read over the internet most of them state that the gas mileage is on the poor side. I have a Ford Expedition currently, and I'm sure I don't have to go into detail on it's gas consumption. I would like to find a rig that could still hold 6 people, have atleast AWD for the winters up here in Mt, get in the 20's mpg, and still be American named (maybe i'm dreaming). Some people claim that their Pacifica's get 15-17 mpg while others report mid 20's. What kind of town and highway mileage are you guys averaging? I appreciate the help.

-Todd

ViperGTS 06-12-2005 02:43 AM

RE: Real world MPG

EPA estimates are City: 17, Highway: 22, but real world estimates are...

Edmunds Average:15.7 mpg
Best Tank: 20 mpg
Worst Tank: 10 mpg

-Matt-

Nurse 06-12-2005 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

EPA estimates are City: 17, Highway: 22, but real world estimates are...

Edmunds Average:15.7 mpg
Best Tank: 20 mpg
Worst Tank: 10 mpg

-Matt-

Thanks for the numbers. Pretty disappointing. It would be stupid for me to trade my Ford off on a Pacifica if that's what kind of mileage they're pulling.

I've heard that the bigger 3.8 gets a little better mileage than the 3.5. Any truth to this??

Thanks
-Todd

ViperGTS 06-14-2005 01:10 AM

Yes, the 3.8L gets 18 Mpg City, 25 Mpg Highway. The 3.5L two weel drive gets 17 Mpg City, 23 Mpg Highway. The 3.5L all wheel drive gets 17 City 22 Highway.

Overall, the Pacifica is a very good vehicle. They look excellent and perform with excellence. The 3.8L shouldn't be that hard on gas. Probably averages with others its size.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymod...Pacifica.shtml

-Matt-

Chrysler Information 07-04-2005 05:55 PM

Hi All
My name is Kelly; I am a Marketing Representative from the Chrysler Information Center. I have been reading the past few posts. Todd, I think it’s great that you’re looking into purchasing a Chrysler Pacifica. They are very practical SUV’s with a lengthy list of great qualities.

I am wondering if I would be able to join your discussion. I will try to answer any further questions you may have. Hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks

Kelly S
Marketing Representative – Chrysler Information Center
1-800-CHRYSLER / 1-800-422-4797
chryslerforum@bbdodetroit.com
www.chrysler.com

ViperGTS 07-04-2005 06:34 PM

I am wondering if I would be able to join your discussion.
Yes, please join any discussion on any part of Chryslerforum, as well as any other Chrysler info people....they're welcome too.

-Matt-

Chrysler Information 07-05-2005 06:21 PM

Thank You, ViperGTS for the Welcome…

ViperGTS, you are correct on the estimated “mgp” on the Chrysler Pacifica. However, keep in mind that these figures are only estimates, and are provided for comparison purposes. The actual mileage is hard to determine because they tend to vary by different factors such as the individual’s driving habits, and/or conditions.

I will be around. If you or anyone has any questions, please let me know!
Thanks

Kelly S
Marketing Representative / Chrysler Information Center
1-800-CHRYSLER / 1-800-422-4797
chryslerforum@bbdodetroit.com
www.chrysler.com

Dave_in_PA 07-29-2005 12:54 AM

Hi Nurse...
I wish I had asked this question before buying MY Pacifica. For the most part I love this car. The styling, comfort, features and handling are fabulous. But I have a few VERY annoying defects that the dealer can't seem to repair so right now I'm not the best enthusiast to be joining this forum.

But here's my experience regarding gas mileage and it seems pretty typical, or maybe on the low side of typical. I changed the oil to synthetic and replaced the stock air filter with a K&N hoping to improve the mpg even a little bit, but my mileage is still fairly poor. I get about 15 around town..and my town is not stop-and-go, so I hate to think what it would be in the city. Highway is only about 21. I have a 2005 Limited AWD btw with now about 4600 miles. Frankly, my opinion of this vehicle is that you get 8 cylinder mileage with 4 cyl. performance.

Elvis 01-05-2006 07:37 AM

Sorry Dude, 15 to 21. something is it. Well on the road you can eak out22, but thats it. Thank you very much.

gpzjack 01-27-2006 11:21 AM

We currently have a 02 T&C lease and can't wait to get out of it...We were thinking about the Pacifica but the gas mileage is a bit low. To compare my 04 Ram qc gets 22.5mpg on the highway at 70 with the air on so low 20s from a pacifica don't sound too great.