Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Shudder steering wheel 2019 Pacifica at low speeds (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/shudder-steering-wheel-2019-pacifica-low-speeds-31467/)

Hcraig101 01-02-2020 05:50 AM

Shudder steering wheel 2019 Pacifica at low speeds

I have a 2019 Pacifica that has a shudder in the steering at low speed in parking lots now it has started when backing out of driveway intermittently. It is only happening when turning wheel to left. Dealer says they cannot reproduce don’t know how much effort they are putting in to reproduce that issue. It has been happening since about 3500 miles. I bought car new

ChryslerCares 01-03-2020 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Hcraig101 (Post 113084)
I have a 2019 Pacifica that has a shudder in the steering at low speed in parking lots now it has started when backing out of driveway intermittently. It is only happening when turning wheel to left. Dealer says they cannot reproduce don’t know how much effort they are putting in to reproduce that issue. It has been happening since about 3500 miles. I bought car new

Hello Hcraig101,

We sincerely regret to hear of your concerns with your Pacifica. What is the date of the last time your vehicle was diagnosed at your dealer for your concerns? If you'd like to discuss this further with us, please feel free to send us a private message.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

mn_Pacifica_owner 09-07-2020 10:09 AM

I have the exact same issue on my 2019 Pacifica. The steering wheel jitters when I make left turns at low speed. Was this issue resolved?

Matt Clarke 02-28-2021 10:43 AM

Samsies

2019 samsies on the steering shudder at low speeds. Also have a continuous pop/knocks from what i believe to be ball joints potentially. Something had play and is shifting around to make a popping sound. Dealer can never reproduce.

dcotter0579 02-28-2021 07:25 PM

"Dealer can never reproduce." Take the dealer service representative for a ride in the car and show him the problem. It's the only way.

Trucker Matt 03-01-2021 08:29 AM

Steering mechanism?

I own a semi truck and do my own alignments, and this sounds familiar to a problem I have had and learned about. A tow out condition in a semi can cause a wobble at slower than highway speed. It occurs between 40-50 mph. I would get it accelerating and decelerating thru that speed range. The physics are too much to explain hear. Suffice it to say that when a vehicle is moving, the tow is going to be further out than when just sitting, especially when just sitting on alignment machine pads. There is always some space in between parts like ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. I align my semi tow on the ground with a tape measure and sipe it-after moving the vehicle forward a few feet to get the wheels as close to the position (more towed out) as they would be in when driving. It is common for alignment shops to simply go by mfg spec tolerances, which can be to wide,. MD Alignment out of Iowa has put out a lot of information on this subject. I am not sure if this will cure the problem, but just towing the steer wheels a little (1/16" + approx) will rule this theory out.

Trucker Matt 03-01-2021 08:38 AM

I should have mentioned, I tow in my steer axle (on all my vehicles) 1/16". An alignment shop with a very good reputation I took our Ford Cmax in to have aligned (I didn't do myself because it's a hybrid so low to the ground that I couldn't get under) tows in 1/16" for this reason. You can add up all of the tolerances of each joint and rod end of 1/64"-1-32" and then tow in by a little less than their sum.

Bearbearbunch 06-17-2021 03:45 PM

2018 Chrysler Pacifica shudders at low speed speed left turn and return

Originally Posted by ChryslerCares (Post 113103)
Hello Hcraig101,

We sincerely regret to hear of your concerns with your Pacifica. What is the date of the last time your vehicle was diagnosed at your dealer for your concerns? If you'd like to discuss this further with us, please feel free to send us a private message.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

Ours ours is doing the same thing. It is a 2018 Pacifica hybrid with an extended Mopar warranty. We bought the car and extended warranty from Clovis Chrysler in California. It is currently at Selma Chrysler. They want $3,000 to fix it. Mopar warranty says they won't give them a direct diagnosis and will not cover it. Please help. We are a free car family we had lots of medical issues that have to make it to certain doctor's appointments at different times and places. This is making our lives difficult. They have had our vehicle it's being the third day.

tharris 08-14-2021 04:33 PM

2019 knock/shudder at slow speeds

Hello @ChryslerCares ,

I am having this same issue. Primarily turning left, but also happening turning right and in reverse. I have been having the issue since mid-Jan 2109 (purchased 12/31/2018). I have taken the van to multiple dealership service departments, multiple times. I have also ridden with service techs and managers. Different repair attempts have been made, but the issue persists. I am currently out of the factory warranty but have the Max care warranty on the van. I am awaiting parts for another attempt at a repair, but I am not confident the service tech diagnosed properly and another visit to the service dept will be necessary. I was also advised I will need to pay a $200 deductible for the repair attempt and future subsequent repair attempts for the same issue. I do not think this is correct. Please advise! I would be very thankful for any direction. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ChryslerCares (Post 113103)
Hello Hcraig101,

Alex
Chrysler Cares

ChryslerCares 08-16-2021 01:52 PM

@tharris

Please follow up privately, in the message please include your VIN and mileage.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares