Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2008 Pacifica has killed 2 new batteries despite not being driven

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 07:46 PM
Default 2008 Pacifica has killed 2 new batteries despite not being driven

I know there is a thread very similar to this, but I wanted to start my own thread to include some info that may, or may not, be of significance for our problemproblem.
Our Pacifica had to have a new transmission built because it was running really, really poorly. After the transmission, we had to take it to another place to have the timing belt, pulleys, and tensioner adjusted. Prior to this, the only problem was with the car "jumping" when it reached 35, and 50 mph when the car would shift gears.
Now, after all of that, we have had two brand new batteries put in our car, and despite not driving it anywhere, the batteries have both died (and replaced with new ones thanks to our battery warranty). We have not driven it anywhere because as soon as we got the car home, the battery died overnight, despite no lights being left on inside or out. After we replaced the dead battery, the car ran ok for the half mile we drove it home, but it drained overnight as well.
The only warning lights we are getting is on the )AC interface. It blinks "delay". Also, the gear indicator that says PRND3L has circles around it even after you put it in gear.
What could be causing my car to drain two brand new batteries even though there was no interior, or exterior lights left on. I'm asking here because our mechanic seems to be less than reputable, and I want to avoid another $2,000.0 bill.