Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   tpms system (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/tpms-system-28532/)

corvairbob 11-24-2017 10:04 AM

tpms system

can anyone tell me for sure if the 05 pacifica has self programming tpms features? i spent the last 4 days trying to find out about this and know one seems to know. i even go to venders and the car shows on some sites not on others. i have 3 sensors of one type and 1 of another type. 3 look like oem 1 looks like the vdo ez sensor but even the vdo site will not reply to questions. so outside of just plain taping off the message window and ignoring it and the tpms idiot light i just can't seem to get a good answer. i would rather have all the features working, i just got this car for my girl and if the car has other issues pop up i would like them to show in the message window so my girl just doesn't start to ignore it.

so is there anyone here that actually knows. it is looking to me that this car falls into the hole for items the mfg installed or not kind of iffy at best.

busboy4 11-25-2017 07:30 AM

The TPMS sensors, if all is working properly re-learn by driving above 15MPH for 10+ minutes. I think anything but OEM is asking for problems. My son had tires put on and they changed a couple of sensors. The TPMS light has been on ever since.

corvairbob 11-25-2017 07:34 AM

thanks but i have heard not experienced it that sometimes the sensors get damaged during tire work. and it they worked before installing them they should work after unless they were damaged. i talked to 2 tire stores i trust for normal work and they both told me they check tpms before they put them in and of course after to get them into the car system. again thanks for that info. bp.

busboy4 11-25-2017 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by corvairbob (Post 103210)
thanks but i have heard not experienced it that sometimes the sensors get damaged during tire work. and it they worked before installing them they should work after unless they were damaged. i talked to 2 tire stores i trust for normal work and they both told me they check tpms before they put them in and of course after to get them into the car system. again thanks for that info. bp.

I don’t doubt you are right - they can be damaged. But for other than early build Pacifica’s -‘04 the system “learns the way I indicated”. And the Pro’s that frequent the site have suggested OEM sensors as I recall good luck with it.

corvairbob 11-26-2017 06:22 PM

thanks. being i have the repair tools and have my share of repairing tires and can r and r them i will give it go. i can let the tire store do it but to get the tpms out is not a big deal just have to break one side of the tire off the bead. anyway if i do it and i fail i always say nothing ventured nothing gained. that is how i got good at machine repair. and the way i look at it i can't break it much more than it is now. thanks for the information. always welcome. bp

corvairbob 11-27-2017 06:22 PM

ok i went to the tire store today and they said the rubber valve stem is a aftermarket and the other 3 ate what he thinks are original equipment tpms sensors. and 1 original is dead and 1 is weak and 1 is fair the rubber aftermarket unit is real good. so i will just get 2 more of the same type as the aftermarket unit and he said the car will find them by itself. if that fails he said bring it in and he will program them into the car for free. i do most all my tire work at this store so i's helping out. good for business. he said the spare doesn't have a tpms in it. so i will be good to go just need to get the sensors and i will install them and see how it goes. the weight should be awful close. worst case is i will have to get them rebalanced. thanks

busboy4 11-27-2017 06:28 PM

Let us know how it goes.

corvairbob 11-27-2017 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by busboy4 (Post 103255)
Let us know how it goes.

ok i will keep you all in the loop on this so if you have the same issue you have an idea on the possible repairs. when i get the new sensors i will weigh them and the old sensors just to see if i need to add weights. thanks