Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

06 chrysler pacifica stuck in park

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Default 06 chrysler pacifica stuck in park

Okay, I have been reading about the pink thing in the gearbox and evidently there is 2 of them. I just want to get my car home tomorrow so I can put in the metal fix if this is what it is. Looks like the btsi solenoid could be it also. please help

Old 10-12-2012, 12:34 PM

If the shifter is stuck in park, and the condition is due to a broken interlock lever spring hook the broken Lever Hook could be verified by looking inside the shifter assembly, through the opening at the front (park position), right (passenger side) corner. The lever is pink, and has a molded-in hook for the spring to attach to. If the hook is broken, and the spring connection is lost, replace the lever and spring.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 PM

Had this happen to ours. I found a machined replacement part so this will never occur again. There is also a way to bypass it until part comes in but that includes taking apart the shifter column area.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 AM

There is also a way to bypass it until part comes in but that includes taking apart the shifter column area.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by ChryslerCares
If the shifter is stuck in park, and the condition is due to a broken interlock lever spring hook the broken Lever Hook could be verified by looking inside the shifter assembly, through the opening at the front (park position), right (passenger side) corner. The lever is pink, and has a molded-in hook for the spring to attach to. If the hook is broken, and the spring connection is lost, replace the lever and spring.
In an emergency situation, with this part broken, can the shifter be moved from PARK by manipulating these parts? My car is stuck in PARK, in my garage, and difficult to get out with a tow truck.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Default Stuck in PARK Pacifica--now unstuck

I am partially answering my own question--The "Stuck in PARK Pacifica". I found that I can rotate that small pink plastic piece such that the shifter will leave PARK, allowing me to move the car!! Wow, a small broken plastic hook that stops a $25k car in its tracks.

I had to remove the chrome surround of the shift selector, and then remove the plastic piece that houses the ashtray. Then this pink plastic piece can be seen from the far right front corner of the shift selector, looking a bit down into the bowels, just further than a round metal rod end. The piece swivels, and by levering it counter-clockwise with a small thin screwdriver and moving the shift lever together, one can move the lever out of PARK. Now, at least, the car is drivable. I will see about fixing it later.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by DKenn08
Had this happen to ours. I found a machined replacement part so this will never occur again. There is also a way to bypass it until part comes in but that includes taking apart the shifter column area.
Where did you find this piece?? I would like to replace mine before it goes.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by johnlturk
In an emergency situation, with this part broken, can the shifter be moved from PARK by manipulating these parts? My car is stuck in PARK, in my garage, and difficult to get out with a tow truck.
I had issues with the shifter in my 05 pacifica recently. On my 2005 with 3.5L V6 I could access the spot ontop of the transaxle easily where the shifter cable ties to. Not sure if this is the same in 2006. It was on the right side of engine compartment. I just took loose the connector from the cable and was able to move it by hand and it clicks into each gear.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by ChevEE
I had issues with the shifter in my 05 pacifica recently. On my 2005 with 3.5L V6 I could access the spot ontop of the transaxle easily where the shifter cable ties to. Not sure if this is the same in 2006. It was on the right side of engine compartment. I just took loose the connector from the cable and was able to move it by hand and it clicks into each gear.
RockAuto Parts Catalog[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=48gp9a1o6v9nhfas0rm0scivi3

Also, it seems there is a recall on this particular issue so I would also try contacting the dealer and see if the recall covers your specific vehicle.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:08 AM

Quick Reply: 06 chrysler pacifica stuck in park