Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   turn signal+water+cold=double speed (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/turn-signal-water-cold%3Ddouble-speed-16617/)

desperado 01-17-2012 10:34 AM

turn signal+water+cold=double speed

Hi.

for some reason, the right side turn signal will click at twice the speed after the car is washed and left outside in freezing weather.

It's happened once right after a carwash, and recently, I had the car fixed (a 5700$ fender bender) and they hand washed it then left it outside.

For about a week, it would click at double speed until the car had been running for about 20 minutes. It's now back to nornal.

I'm assuming there is ice forming that bridges some connection or circuit? If so, where would this happen?

all the lights work fine.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-17-2012 11:27 AM

bulb or wire issue take it back to who fixed the fender issue

desperado 01-17-2012 02:55 PM

This was happening before the repair.

phottomatt 01-20-2012 07:58 AM

A fast blinker means a burned out bulb (or wiring), it's the vehicles way of telling you there is something wrong because you can't actually see the lights when they operate. Have someone stand outside and watch the blinker lights front and rear to see if one is burned out.

desperado 01-21-2012 08:03 AM

please read the original question, last line: all lights work fine.

there is no burnt light.

from what I've been able to read, it might be excess humidity (read : water) messing with the ground wire of the turn signal in the tail light.

what's odd is that it messes with it only if frozen. once it warms up, it's fine.

I'll have to open it up.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-21-2012 11:12 AM

Time line from first post

U had a fender bender
Had some one fix it
They washed car
Then u had this issue

According to you in post # 2 This was an issue b4 they fixed the fender is that correct or am I missing something?

If there was not an issue b4 the repair of the fender bender then this was caused by the accident and or the people who did the repair.

If it was an issue b4 all of that then the washing of the car and fender bender repair is irrelevant to any of the currant probs.

Clear some stuff up.

desperado 01-21-2012 11:53 AM

timeline:

1. washed car in summer : no issue.

2. washed car in early winter: issue.

3. had accident. accident is irrelevant.

4. they fixed car. they washed car. they put car outside. it was cold: issue.

common denominators: water, cold.

as mentionned, the problem goes away (blinker slows down to normal) as the car warms up.

desperado 01-21-2012 03:03 PM

forgot to mention that it usually goes away by itself after a week or two. (I imagine it's the time it takes to dry/melt/evaporate completely)

fyi, just took out the back light housing, and it didn't look like it had any water infiltration. checked wiring while signal was on. everything seems good from that end.

Maybe it's the wiring inside the hood.