Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Vehicle Key (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/vehicle-key-5760/)

BluPac 05-30-2008 09:16 AM

Vehicle Key

When I purchased the Pac last week I only received one key. The stealership tells me they will see about getting a second key cut, call back next week.I call back today and it's "Sorry you have to pay $225 to get a key cut."

I am on the phone with Chrysler right know, the fight is on.

I should put my wife on the phone, she loves a good fight.

PacificaBus 05-30-2008 11:16 AM

RE: Vehicle Key

See if you can get an uncut key from Ebay then have it cut to match yours at a hardware store. The important thing is the immobilizer which is in the key. You will have to program the new key. There are a series of actions you must do to accomplish this. Maybe someone can post how it's done. Good luck!

Creep 05-30-2008 06:39 PM

If you only have one key, then you can't program it yourself (you need at least 2 keys to do this)

Like PacificaBus said, get a blank on ebay, take it to home depot or somewhere to get it cut, and to the dealer to get it programmed. Programming should cost you about $60.

CHRYSLER TECH 05-30-2008 07:18 PM

chrysler wont be able to help u with the one key they dont control the dealers plus its not a warranty issue ne way its a cust service issue which is delt with through the sales dept talk to the sales manager and if need be talk to people higher this has nothing to do with the service dept.

BluPac 05-31-2008 02:14 PM

Well the dealer has agreed to cut me a key at no charge.When I called Chrysler they said the dealer should have cut a key before selling the car but there was nothing they could do. Somehow the dealer relented and I will get my key on Monday.

I'm not sure if Chrysler called the dealer and gave them the customer satisfaction speak.

Thanks for all your comments.

[&:]

indept 05-31-2008 08:14 PM

BluPac,
I'm assuming you bought a used Pac, otherwise why wouldn't there be 2 keys

BluPac 06-01-2008 07:01 PM

Yea, it was used. But it is not my fault they did not get 2 keys when they acquired the vehicle.

CHRYSLER TECH 06-02-2008 05:46 PM

they are not required to give u 2 keys with a used car. What if u got some one from some joe blow off the side of the road??? same deal. Be gratefull that u are getting a key for free if they do get u one they are not cheap. So your Stealership BS can go on the way side and and think about what u just got b4 u walked out the door. If they agreed to giving u one b4 u signed the deal then all together different and was it in wrighting?
If i was to sell u a car as is then it is as is.

BluPac 06-04-2008 08:53 PM

Gee, I must have hit a nerve.

First it was a Chrysler dealership not some joe off the side of the road. I do not have to be greatful for a key I paid for this car, I bought up the fact that there was only one key before signing the papers, they said we will take care of it. After the deal was complete it's call back on Wednesday we will see what we can do. I call back on Wednesday they say you have to pay $225. Sorry buddy but I can't be brushed off that easily. Got on the phone with Chrysler they agreed that they should have cut the key, hell they could have cut the key when they first got the vehicle and included it in the price. I guess they figured some joe blow off the side of the road would not challenge them on it.

Did I mention that the drivers seat power motor is broken, pointed that out before the deal was done once again we will get it to service so it can be repaired. After the deal is done, sorry when you get your service card you will have to take the car in. So I figure no big deal I'll wait a few weeks for the card and this will be taken care off. I take the car to service for the inspection and find out it takes about 60 days to get this card. They may have gotten over for a little while but I guarantee you the seat will be fixed and I will not be paying a dime from my pocket.

They were wrong, you don't promise to take care of something then when all is said and done its sorry buddy take a hike. This is not the first vehicle used or new I have bought, it is the first time I have left the dealership with a bad taste in my mouth.

They gave me the key and I'm just happy thats done. Now I just want to get the seat fixed with no issues. I understand they have a bottom line but like I said, if they cut the key andfix the seat before putting the car on the lot they canadd those charges to the overall price for the car.

Anyway I do not want to start dabbing back and forth with you Chrysler Tech I understand your a company man, I'm one myself. Maybe your dealership is a little more up front than this one.

Be good bro.

moe 06-05-2008 07:49 AM

hey guys ,i'm with tech on this.sorry blue.but its the crap that sales pulls on the customer that gives good wrenches liketech and myself any others in this foruma bad wrap,we work hard to repair cars the first time. and if we don't most dealerships make you work on it for free. when you say stealerships that groups us all together.i'm sorry you have a bad taste in your mouth from your dealership.you should post the name of the dealership and even he sales person.we honest ,hard working guys that repair the little or big things that go wrong with your car/truck need respect.im sorry that not every thing is free when you come to the dealer,your sales person might have told you that to sell the car,and once your paperwork was done they forget your name.if you find a dealership tech thats honest and truthful(not saying that they all are)and you ask for him everytime you have to got to the dealership i bet he never forgets your name.sorry my friend you did strike a nerve.moe