Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Pacifica (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/)
-   -   Water leak on driver's floor (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pacifica-15/water-leak-drivers-floor-1897/)

MyPacificaProblem 09-11-2006 04:32 PM

Water leak on driver's floor

Water has been mysteriously leaking into the driver's side floor (under the mat) for a couple months. I finally discovered it by the smell and the visible mold growth under my floor mat when I took it to the car wash. I have been to the dealer 3 times to have this problem fixed and they cannot seem to figure it out. They have tried two TSB's and the 3rd time I took it in they simply sealed up everything in sight to prevent any water from coming in. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Bajavicki 09-13-2006 04:43 AM

RE: Water leak on driver's floor

I had a leak in the back of car in that little compartment where the tire stuff is held, it got moldy could never figure that one out either........................Now I have a Nissan YEAH[sm=imsmilin.gif]

mkeymse 11-20-2006 11:27 AM

Had this problem on day 2 of owning the car! Supposedly fixed it with a TSB......2 years later I don;t think my rug ever dries anymore. Not sure where the water is coming in from, It's like I pour a bottle of water in the floor and the car is starting to smell like mold!!! Anyone else???

ricvilla71 01-23-2007 04:49 PM

We just bought a used 2005 Pacifica, and on the second day I noticed a mold-like smell in the vehicle. I have not checked where it's coming from, but I got a good clue from your posting. Has anybody found a fix for this issue? Thanks in advance for your replies.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-23-2007 06:16 PM

water leak info for 05

CHRYSLER TECH 01-23-2007 06:19 PM

another leak issue

ricvilla71 01-24-2007 03:08 AM

Thanks a bunch for the information, this is excellent. Do you think that ifI take the bulletins to a 5 star Chrysler dealer, they willknow where to find them?... in other words, is TechCONNECT something used by Chrysler dealers? Thanks again.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-24-2007 11:50 AM

Tech Connect is all the dealer uses, this our online manuals,tsb,recall info we are in the day of the internet myfriend. I am a level 4 AC,Electrical and Drivalibaty i know that does not mean anything to u but we do training online books are online everything is online now.
So yeah to answer your question ANY dealer will have the smae info i just gave u. If they are smart aka the tech that gets your car they will fallow what chrysler wants done in order. Check the leak,look for tsbs,see if the tsb is related to what the cust issue is,repair and reinspect the complant.

dsm9436 10-28-2007 10:01 PM

I had water leak into passenger side floor. The source was the AC condensor. Thedrain tube assembly through the firewallwas resealed with glue. It required two attempts by the service tech to fix it.

jgutweiler 11-14-2007 10:10 AM

Good information guys. I'm having the same problem on the passenger side front and rear floorboards. I suspected the HVAC.

Is this something covered by the manufacturer on a 2004 with 100,000 miles? (wishful thinking)