Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Water Leakage on Passenger Floor

Old 09-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Default Water Leakage on Passenger Floor

I have water (?) leaking on the passenger side floor, but I do not know where it is coming from. I know it is not coming from the window gaskets because we have not had any rain for 2 weeks out here. I have some white mold on top of the carpet now as if it has been effervescing like concrete. Noticed it this morning (Monday), but have not driven the vehicle since Saturday. Could not see any new wet or moist spots as if it were running down the front from the firewall, but there had been some there before. It has just dried out. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 PM

Check to see if your coolant is low. If it is, you could have a heater core with a slow leak. Antifreeze will have a sort of sweet smell to it.

If your coolant level looks fine, check to see if the water drain from the heater case is blocked. If it's blocked, your AC evaporator will "sweat" (they all do it) and that sweat has nowhere to go...eventually it will drip out onto the passenger side carpet. This would be fairly probable if you have trees near where you park the vehicle, as leaves/needles from the trees can get in there an plug up the drains! The drain hose will be visible from under the vehicle, in the engine compartment, off of the firewall.

Last edited by reddjeep88; 09-28-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 PM

What year.. there were cowl problems on some of the earlier ones I think. Do a search.. you should find a lot of info on the subject. The dealer has a service bulletin to solve this problem provided yours is the front cowl.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Default Water Leak on Passenger Floor - 2004 model

This issue relates to a 2004 Pacifica - two wheel drive.

I've read all the treads on this issue and still have not found the source of the issue. I suspect it's a leaky pipe end on the outside of the firewall. It's a friend's car and there's some damage to the firewall insulation pad and it is fully wet directly underneath the leaky pipe.

Since I can't post a photo I'll describe the pipe end - it's a gray short (1-1.5 inch) plastic pipe on the engine side of the firewall just above the insulation pad on the passenger side.

I'm not sure whether there was a drain hose attached to the pipe and if so, it would redirect the condensation away from the insulation pad.

The conditions are:
- wetness is condensation - not antifreeze/collant - and appears only on the floor portion of the interior - NOT on the side carpet or flooring.
- water does drip from the cabin filter area but cannot find the source
- I did pull up the cowling and found no issues - blockage or puddles of water.
- Coolant is full and has not dropped

If someone can tell me what the pipe is in the photo and whether a drain hose is supposed to be connected to it. The dealer was of no help at all.

Thanks in advance,
Loungesurfer