Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler PT Cruiser (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/)
-   -   02 PT Radiator needs replacement (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-pt-cruiser-13/02-pt-radiator-needs-replacement-1754/)

D_X 07-17-2006 04:17 PM

02 PT Radiator needs replacement

Well, my uncle has an 02 Cruiser, 2.4 I4 (no turbo) and has a crack in his radiator...

what I'm wondering is, if anyone here has much experience with the PT and how tough it is to replace the radiator.
I own a 92 Plymouth Sundance, and just recently replaced the radiator on it, but the engine compartment isn't nearly as packed as the Cruiser's

any help will be much appreciated!

pt no lights 10-19-2006 11:50 PM

RE: 02 PT Radiator needs replacement

if you can get the front grill off and on without damage to the grill or the bolts not being stripped you got it made[8D]

ace 03-06-2007 01:15 AM

RE: 02 PT Radiator needs replacement

Yeah they jam all that crap in their pretty good definatly use alot of wd-40 it will help and please take your time and dont get pissed you will break something and make it worse i know from exp here.lol
a bit long but here

WARNING: DO NOT OPEN THE RADIATOR DRAINCOCK WITH THE SYSTEM HOT AND UNDER PRESSURE BECAUSE SERIOUS BURNS FROM COOLANT CAN OCCUR.
NOTE: It is not necessary to discharge the air conditioning system to remove the radiator.
[ol][*]Disconnect throttle body air intake hose from air cleaner housing assembly.[*]Remove air cleaner housing assembly.[*]Disconnect negative battery cable. Disconnect positive battery cable.[*]Remove battery and battery tray.[*]Raise vehicle on hoist.
NOTE: When the transaxle cooler lines are removed from the rolled-groove type fittings at the cooler and transaxle, damage to the inner wall of hose will occur. To prevent potential leakage, the cooler hoses and clamps must be replaced.[*]Disconnect and cap the automatic transmission cooler hoses, if equipped[*]Drain cooling system[*]Disconnect radiator fan motor electrical connector[*]Disconnect lower radiator hose[*]Remove two fasteners attaching transmission oil cooler to radiator.[*]Remove two lower fasteners attaching radiator fan shroud to radiator[*]Dislodge lower radiator air seal from side radiator air seals[*]Lower vehicle.[*]Remove grille[*]Remove upper radiator support crossmember[*]Remove upper radiator hose from the radiator[*]Remove remaining fasteners attaching radiator fan shroud to radiator[*]Remove radiator fan/shroud assembly.[*]Remove remaining fasteners attaching AC condenser to radiator. Reposition AC condenser.[*]Remove radiator assembly by lifting it up from the engine compartment. Care should be taken not to damage the cooling fins and tubes during removal.[/b][*]Remove the lower air seal from radiator[/ol]