Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

The end of the Chrysler PT Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:52 AM
cpk
Default The end of the Chrysler PT Cruiser

PT Cruiser will finally roll off the assembly line in less than two weeks after sales bottomed out at 5,452 this year
the last day of production is July 9
read the article here http://www.auto-power-girl.com/cars-..._the_line.html

Old 07-09-2010, 01:23 AM

The article is really very nice which is related with the chrysler PT cruiser which has come to an end and it is going in its best way. It would be a complete sensational car of the year. Now finally everybody would be able to see its beauty.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:04 PM

Car of the year? I wouldn't bet on it, unless they're all 1000% better than the one I rented on a work trip.

The car did not evolve much over the 10 year run, and the architecture was a sticking point right from the start.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:09 PM

8-9 years of the PT Cruiser was plenty. It's way overdue for that line to be shut down. I'm anxious to see how much of a stir the 500 makes when they start rolling them out.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by 15951a\
Car of the year? I wouldn't bet on it, unless they're all 1000% better than the one I rented on a work trip.
OMG! I hated taking those things on road trips Not bad for in town IMO

Old 08-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Thumbs down Out of warranty - out of luck

The AC broke down on me just as my PT Cruiser passed 60,000 km warranty threshold. Fair enough. I rejected extended warranty - now have to pay $1,700 for repair.

The mechanic suggested me to write a letter to Chrysler Canada, ask them to chip in, so I did about a month ago. He said it's typical for 2007 PT Cruiser's compressor to fall apart. Still had not heard back from the headquarters. They have not even acknowledged my letter. If they keep being silent on me, I will trade it for something more reliable and not the Chrysler for sure.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by PL8S
The AC broke down on me just as my PT Cruiser passed 60,000 km warranty threshold. Fair enough. I rejected extended warranty - now have to pay $1,700 for repair.

The mechanic suggested me to write a letter to Chrysler Canada, ask them to chip in, so I did about a month ago. He said it's typical for 2007 PT Cruiser's compressor to fall apart. Still had not heard back from the headquarters. They have not even acknowledged my letter. If they keep being silent on me, I will trade it for something more reliable and not the Chrysler for sure.

So, an A/C compressor breaks outside the warranty period. You had the chance to buy extended warranty. Now that Chrysler won't give it to you, Chrysler is bad and the whole car is worthless and unreliable?? Makes sense to me. If everyone felt that way, then no car company would ever sell a car again.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:52 PM

Usually, an extended warranty covers the "powertrain". Chances are the A/C compressor would not have been covered anyway. The money you saved by not buying the extended warranty probably comes close to covering the repair.
Next time something like that goes bust, shop around. You can probably find a less expensive repair facility. $1700 for a compressor sounds a bit steep. I had mine replaced on my Sable for about $700.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:51 AM

TNtech I have a question if you read this. 2002 PT in "limp home mode". The only code I get on both the on board diagnostic center and an external code reader is P1684. I understand this is just a status code (battery unhooked or something) and not a DTC. Where do I look to repair this tranny problem and is this a common issue? Changed filter and fluid (did not flush), made no difference. Not my car but trying to help a friend. Thanks.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Default Chrysler is not bad

Originally Posted by TNtech
So, an A/C compressor breaks outside the warranty period. You had the chance to buy extended warranty. Now that Chrysler won't give it to you, Chrysler is bad and the whole car is worthless and unreliable?? Makes sense to me. If everyone felt that way, then no car company would ever sell a car again.
I did NOT mean to say that Chrysler is bad. In fact, my second car uintil lately was Dodge Neon, I have it traded for the Caliber. Those are generally inexpensive simple cars with the only difference in so much better styling for the PT Cruiser. My point was that 3 years is too soon for such an expensive assembly to go. And the least they could do at Chrysler to aknowledge the letter from their loyal customer.

Here is the text of the letter:

July 7, 2010

Dear Sir/Madame,

I have been a loyal Dodge-Chrysler customer for number of years, starting with purchasing of the Dodge Neon in 2001, and then Chrysler PT Cruiser in 2007 as a second car for my family. Earlier this year we traded our good old Neon for a Dodge Caliber SXT, painted Sunburst. Both me and my wife ... have enjoyed driving Chrysler and Dodge vehicles to work, for business and for pleasure.

The company I am working for has been successfully using Dodge Durango trucks. One truck was turned into a mobile microwave transmitting truck. The other one, the latest model, was not modified and is being used as an ENG vehicle. I get to drive both of them from time to time and always feel safe and capable of doing my work. All-in-all Dodge-Chrysler vehicles have always been bringing joy into my professional and family life.

It was unfortunate that shortly after passing the 60,000 km warranty threshold I started noticing that PT Cruiser’s engine was first shaking and then stalling while on low RPM’s. It has finally been concluded and confirmed by second opinion that the AC compressor needs to be replaced. So now at 68,000 km on my odometer and upon record highest temperatures outside I found myself in urgent need of spending over $1,500 to get it done.

Chrysler Canada is renowned for standing by the quality of their vehicles and for taking good care of their loyal customers. Realizing that my vehicle’s misfortune happened after Basic Warranty has expired, still I would like you to consider sharing the cost of repair, possibly supplying me with a new compressor or covering the cost of labour.

Chrysler PT Cruiser 2007, VIN 3A4FY................

Sincerely yours,

I am still waiting for answer.

Quick Reply: The end of the Chrysler PT Cruiser