Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

Follow me home

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 02:31 AM
Default Follow me home

Hi everyone. Sorry for my english. I'm from Romania.
I baught an PT Cruiser 1.6 16v, year 2007. I like it very much. My dream come true, but...i want to deactivate follow me home and i don't know how. Is anybody who can tell me?

Old 03-01-2019, 09:46 AM

Your English came thru pretty well for being from Romania....BUT what is "follow me home" feature you are asking about? Never heard of that here in the USA.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by REBEL59
Your English came thru pretty well for being from Romania....BUT what is "follow me home" feature you are asking about? Never heard of that here in the USA.
Could you possibly mean REAR fog lamps that are required by most UK/European countries? And thus standard equipment for such vehicles?

Old 03-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Default follow me home

No. It's about headlights. When I unlock the doors, the headlights turn on for 30 seconds.The same way I lock the doors. I want to deactivate that function.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Default follow me home

...or leaving home

Old 03-01-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by DON2019
No. It's about headlights. When I unlock the doors, the headlights turn on for 30 seconds.The same way I lock the doors. I want to deactivate that function.
OKAY, I understand now...You wish to disable the headlamp off delay time.
Not familiar with options on your vehicle, but for my 04 minivan that has a EVIC system (electronic vehicle information center display)That has headings one can scroll to various certain features of the EVIC system...one of which is to turn off headlight delay or even adjust how long it stays on.
Do you have the owners book for yours to see if you have such a feature and how to operate it?

Old 03-02-2019, 08:31 AM
Default follow me home

I have the manual but in german language. I don't know if i have EVIC because i have the hole but not the button and in that display nothing appear. I just bought the car.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:51 AM

I have the manual but in German language. I don't know if i have EVIC because i have the hole but not the button and in that display nothing appear. I just bought the car.
Sorry, but I can not help you about the translation from German...
But if picture from the owners book about it does not look like what you have on the car, then you don't have that level option. There is a way to turn off that feature of the headlight delay, but it takes a dealer scan tool to go into the cars body control modules feature(options settings) to turn off. I had another van with the lower level EVIC that had this way of being able to adjust such "features". At that time I had a friend that worked for a dealer and brought the scanner home to reset the various features to my preferences...at no cost.
Good Luck...and I hope you enjoy your "Cruiser" as you become more familiar with it!

Old 03-02-2019, 09:32 AM
Default follow me home

I love that car.
...don't tell my wife.I want to deactivate in order not to consume the battery. Or eat a little?

Old 03-02-2019, 12:38 PM

I love that car.
...don't tell my wife.I want to deactivate in order not to consume the battery. Or eat a little?
Glad you are so happy with the car!...But that is a good laugh about not telling the wife on you!..It really will not diminish battery life...unless you have an old and weakening battery. They are only good for about 4 years anyway, especially in cold winter climates.

Quick Reply: Follow me home